Any members willing to help me out?

Hawwk11

Established Member
I have been searching autotrader etc for a cobra for so long now. There is one that is pretty close by that says it has a clean tittle and looks ok from the pics, only problem is that its been at this dealer for too long to be at such a great price. Thats what makes me think somethings up with it. Anyways i wanted to see if any members here have a carfax account or similar to check out the vin for me.

Thanks,

heres the link.

Cars for Sale: 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra Convertible in Rosemead, CA 91770: Convertible Details - 286062630 - AutoTrader.com

Hawwk11

Established Member
No engine pics bro. I am gonna call tomorrow and see if the owner of the dealership can email me some. Thats another thing that i wanted to see. He took all those exterior shots but no shots of that beautiful supercharged engine. I even had thoughts that maybe the s/c was missing or something LOL!

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
There's a thread in one of the other forum categories that is specifically for this ask. You should try there, people with the ability might be looking there more often. If the dealer won't give you one, that tells you something is wrong right off the bat.

Good luck!

One side of the hood sits higher than the other, simple adjustment but it's worth mentioning

Last edited:

RSH427R

Established Member
I will PM it to you. 5 owners and at least 1 wreck with a fixed object.

Last edited:

Hawwk11

Established Member
There's a thread in one of the other forum categories that is specifically for this ask. You should try there, people with the ability might be looking there more often. If the dealer won't give you one, that tells you something is wrong right off the bat.

Good luck!

One side of the hood sits higher than the other, simple adjustment but it's worth mentioning
Thanks for the infor bro and great eye on the hood.

Hawwk11

Established Member
That thing has been for sale for awhile now.I posyed it for another member looking in your area.
Very true. I wanna say its been for sale for atleast 8-12 months now. Im gonna see if i can get around to going to the dealer and check it out in person and get a test drive in this week. I spoke to the guy on the phone and he said it runs great, and that you have to come drive it and see for yourself but again hes trying to sell a car so of course hes gonna say that.

We shall see.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Very true. I wanna say its been for sale for atleast 8-12 months now. Im gonna see if i can get around to going to the dealer and check it out in person and get a test drive in this week. I spoke to the guy on the phone and he said it runs great, and that you have to come drive it and see for yourself but again hes trying to sell a car so of course hes gonna say that.

We shall see.

Thanks guys.

I wouldnt even waste my time going there to driving it. Think about it, that car has been for sell for almost a year. I think they took it off for a while and listed again, but there must off been alot of people that looked at that car and there is a reason why its still available.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
who the hell cant sell a terminator in less than a year? (and for 15k, at that!)

these things fly off the shelves!! (so to speak)

something isnt right.

Gabriel03Cobra

Established Member
just a quuuuick side note: You live in Cali right? When I lived in North Hollywood I realized how much driving you really do, and how much traffic there is.... I hope this car isn't going to be your DD because, A. The car is TERRIBLE on gas, and B. Sitting in traffic all day with your foot on that heavy ass clutch is going to get old real quick... good luck with everything just my random thought....

Hawwk11

Established Member
just a quuuuick side note: You live in Cali right? When I lived in North Hollywood I realized how much driving you really do, and how much traffic there is.... I hope this car isn't going to be your DD because, A. The car is TERRIBLE on gas, and B. Sitting in traffic all day with your foot on that heavy ass clutch is going to get old real quick... good luck with everything just my random thought....
Yeh i know bro. It would be my DD for the most part but i like to drive my cars. Im willing to deal with it to drive a TERMINATOR.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Yeh i know bro. It would be my DD for the most part but i like to drive my cars. Im willing to deal with it to drive a TERMINATOR.

its not THAT big of a deal. i have been DDing mine for close to 3 years. often in stop and go traffic. yes, the stock clutch is kind of heavy, but once you get rid of the stocker for something better...problem solved. i went with a ProMotion performance clutch, and its sooooo much lighter and better than the stocker. much much better.

that sucks the car finally sold...but everything happens for a reason. keep searching. there are much better/nicer cobras out there, to be had.

Users who are viewing this thread