Any MI GT Owners Want to Race?

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
I have an 03 Evolution VIII(4 cylinder) and I want to see how she does vs. Fords supercar. My car dynoed at 550awhp and on 26 psi ran 11's at 126. So let me know, and we can set it up. :thumbsup:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
evoviiiyou said:
I have an 03 Evolution VIII(4 cylinder) and I want to see how she does vs. Fords supercar. My car dynoed at 550awhp and on 26 psi ran 11's at 126. So let me know, and we can set it up. :thumbsup:

I don't think anyone that owns a GT in MI posts here. Most of the people that own GT's I know around here ain't the racin type anyhow.

However, I'd be willing to throw down in the Z06. I'll capitulate that you'll own me from a dead stop because I only have the 295 F1's I bought before the car became angry, so it's a spinfest...

Theoretically of course...digitally rendered...

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
Okay, I just want to get video footage win or loose. Z06 are awesome cars! So what is a good race for you with the street tires? MPH etc...
DBK said:
I don't think anyone that owns a GT in MI posts here. Most of the people that own GT's I know around here ain't the racin type anyhow.

However, I'd be willing to throw down in the Z06. I'll capitulate that you'll own me from a dead stop because I only have the 295 F1's I bought before the car became angry, so it's a spinfest...

Theoretically of course...digitally rendered...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
evoviiiyou said:
Okay, I just want to get video footage win or loose. Z06 are awesome cars! So what is a good race for you with the street tires? MPH etc...

Yeah that's fine. I read you turned the boost up, so you're probably going to win, but I can handle losing to cars that go 130+ :lol1:

Whatever speed you think isn't so high it's lame is fine...

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
Sweet I will pm you when I get back from my buisiness trip next week. What is done to that Z anyway? What color as well? I smell a hustle..hehelol
DBK said:
Yeah that's fine. I read you turned the boost up, so you're probably going to win, but I can handle losing to cars that go 130+ :lol1:

Whatever speed you think isn't so high it's lame is fine...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
evoviiiyou said:
Sweet I will pm you when I get back from my buisiness trip next week. What is done to that Z anyway? What color as well? I smell a hustle..hehelol

It's the blue one in my sig. No hustle here. I've run pretty much the exact same times as you ran on your low boost, w/ a bored and stroked LS6. I've only made like 6 passes on it, but on my best down at Norwalk it went like 11.4@127 on DR's. I never race anymore because I quit my job to finish the degree I never got, and can't afford to pay for all the shit that breaks... :lol1:

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
I hear that!! Breaking shiz sucks! That is one fast Z you have, I have raced a couple of geared and exhausted Z's and they did not have a chance, your car sounds like a beast!!! What is the displacement now? What cams and supporting mods do you have?
DBK said:
It's the blue one in my sig. No hustle here. I've run pretty much the exact same times as you ran on your low boost, w/ a bored and stroked LS6. I've only made like 6 passes on it, but on my best down at Norwalk it went like 11.4@127 on DR's. I never race anymore because I quit my job to finish the degree I never got, and can't afford to pay for all the shit that breaks... :lol1:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
:coolman:
evoviiiyou said:
I hear that!! Breaking shiz sucks! That is one fast Z you have, I have raced a couple of geared and exhausted Z's and they did not have a chance, your car sounds like a beast!!! What is the displacement now? What cams and supporting mods do you have?

I never really broke anything until last year when I put in this Exedy Twin Disk Clutch. Grabs so hard, I've been snapping solid steel ever since. Lost a spring on a dyno like 2 months ago as well, and I've been hunting the idle squeal from hell for weeks.

It's 422c.i. Pretty big cam, ported LS6 heads could be alot better. 3.90s, lsx intake, headers, exhaust, intake...Sounds alot meaner than it is. It was built during a, uh, "transitional" phase at a friends shop over in Canada, so it's not on the level with some of the current strokers from the bigger name shops, but it's a fun car and it hits pretty hard.

Evo stat run down? :coolman:

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
Motor, all forged bottom end, custom compression, full head port, 264/272 HKS cams, adj. gears, 1000cc inj, custom fuel pump and assem, tweaked intake, FP 3065 turbo, switzer custom header, 3
'exhaust, switzer intercooler, koyo aluminum rad, 40psi rad. cap, exedy triple ceramatalic clutch, light weight flywheel, switzer cdi coil on plug, and alot more that I forgot to list.... :thumbsup:
DBK said:
:coolman:

I never really broke anything until last year when I put in this Exedy Twin Disk Clutch. Grabs so hard, I've been snapping solid steel ever since. Lost a spring on a dyno like 2 months ago as well, and I've been hunting the idle squeal from hell for weeks.

It's 422c.i. Pretty big cam, ported LS6 heads could be alot better. 3.90s, lsx intake, headers, exhaust, intake...Sounds alot meaner than it is. It was built during a, uh, "transitional" phase at a friends shop over in Canada, so it's not on the level with some of the current strokers from the bigger name shops, but it's a fun car and it hits pretty hard.

Evo stat run down? :coolman:

Last edited by a moderator:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
evoviiiyou said:
Motor, all forged bottom end, custom compression, full head port, 264/272 HKS cams, adj. gears, 1000cc inj, custom fuel pump and assem, tweaked intake, FP 3065 turbo, switzer custom header, 3
'exhaust, switzer intercooler, koyo aluminum rad, 40psi rad. cap, exedy triple ceramatalic clutch, light weight flywheel, switzer cdi coil on plug, and alot more that I forgot to list.... :thumbsup:

Outta curiosity, what kind of boost does that thing blow? I'm guessing alot. :lol1:

Fourcam330

Established Member
evoviiiyou said:
More than 19psi, less than 40psi. :burn:

Bring it to Smackdown October 22nd @ Norwalk (Sat.), I want some too, on or off the track :D Do I need to spray?

Last edited:

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
Sounds Good, but bring alot of spray!!!!! :p . We rent out Norwalk quite often for private racing days. My friend has a 01 911 turbo putting 1000awhp to the ground. This would be fun for my friendsand I togoto. What is the format at smackdown?
Fourcam330 said:
Bring it to Smackdown October 22nd @ Norwalk (Sat.), I want some too;)

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
And anytime you would like that I am free. My car builder and friend is actually in Eleria OH and I go down to Cleveland once a week for work. I used to have a sn95 4 cam bra. My best car to date. :thumbsup:
Fourcam330 said:
Bring it to Smackdown October 22nd @ Norwalk (Sat.), I want some too, on or off the track :D

Fourcam330

Established Member
evoviiiyou said:
Sounds Good. We rent out Norwalk quite often for private racing days. My friend has a 01 911 turbo putting 1000awhp to the ground. This would be fun for my friendsand I togoto. What is the format at smackdown?

Run all day long, as many passes as you want, against whoever you want for $40. 9am-5pm Sat. October 22nd @ NRP. We full track prep multiple times per day and mid October OH air should be mineshaft.
We're hosting a Modular Shootout for 5.0&SFs the first time this year, but we're still not going with a standardized format. Very few non Ford cars will be allowed to run, though I think you've got an interesting setup. If you're seriously interested PM me. DBK, you're welcome as well.

Last edited:

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
Hey bra.

Sounds good! I will be in touch. Les
Fourcam330 said:
Run all day long, as many passes as you want, against whoever you want for $40. 9am-5pm Sat. October 22nd @ NRP. We full track prep multiple times per day and mid October OH air should be mineshaft.
We're hosting a Modular Shootout for 5.0&SFs the first time this year, but we're still not going with a standardized format. Very few non Ford cars will be allowed to run, though I think you've got an interesting setup. If you're seriously interested PM me. DBK, you're welcome as well.

Fourcam330

Established Member
evoviiiyou said:
And anytime you would like that I am free. My car builder and friend is actually in Eleria OH and I go down to Cleveland once a week for work. I used to have a sn95 4 cam bra. My best car to date. :thumbsup:

Elyria is about 10 miles from my hometown, who's your builder? My car should trap mid 130s N/A, I'll bring a small shot just in case.

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
Good you will need it fo sho, anyway Tym Switzer of Switzer Performance Innovation. Oh and don't forget my car is full weight w/ac power everything and is a four banger. ;-)

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Elyria is about 10 miles from my hometown, who's your builder? My car should trap mid 130s N/A, I'll bring a small shot just in case.

Have you run that beast yet, or is that a strict guess? Bet it's sounds real good.

I'd love to spray my car because my builder was in like 100% n20 motor mode for 2 years when my motor was built. A guy I know with the same motor as me went 9.90s@140+ on the 200 shot all day long...how I wish...

Fourcam330

Established Member
evoviiiyou said:
Good you will need it fo sho, anyway Tym Switzer of Switzer Performance Innovation. Oh and don't forget my car is full weight w/ac power everything and is a four banger. ;-)

Cool, I'll bring it. My car also has A/C and full interior, even the factory stereo. I don't want to hear it, lol, my motor has to make power out of thin air ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread