Any MI GT Owners Want to Race?

Fourcam330

Established Member
DBK said:
Have you run that beast yet, or is that a strict guess? Bet it's sounds real good.

I'd love to spray my car because my builder was in like 100% n20 motor mode for 2 years when my motor was built. A guy I know with the same motor as me went 9.90s@140+ on the 200 shot all day long...how I wish...

No the motor is sitting in Vero, FL and my car is here in Columbus. I've got to find time to trailer my car down sometime in the next 2 mos since I want it broken in for SD :D
A duplicate motor (I decided not to go with the $3100 Aviad dry sump setup, instead opting to keep my A/C and use the Peterson external wet sump so deduct ~15-20HP) is currently powering Al's 3250lb 97 Cobra to 10.0@136+ shifting 1200rpm short of the 8100rpm redline due to not having a 9 sec. legal cage--I would guess it will run 9.8s@138-140 when uncorked at a non teched event like SD. You're right, 13.5:1+ C/R + large duration cams +custom SS full 3" exhaust = a sporty exhaust tone :D
I already know I'm going to have clutch issues--I have a Clutchmasters stage IV ceramic disk right now--but will likely have to step up to a dual disk at some point. No one else that I know has sprayed such a motor, but seeing that a worked pump gas 4.6 gains 250rwtq off a 150 shot, I'm thinking I should end up with ~800rwtq off the same size shot. LOL, I may be running 28x10s on the street.
A car that traps 130 on pump gas N/A is no slouch, bring that bad boy to SD. I'm sure we could find you some excellent races. If all else fails there are usually a dozen or so turbo Busa's. :D

Last edited:

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
Sounds sweet, but I only have 2 liters though...hehe
Fourcam330 said:
No the motor is sitting in Vero, FL and my car is here in Columbus. I've got to find time to trailer my car down sometime in the next 2 mos since I want it broken in for SD :D
A duplicate motor (I decided not to go with the $3100 Aviad dry sump setup, instead opting to keep my A/C and use the Peterson external wet sump so deduct ~15-20HP) is currently powering Al's 3250lb 97 Cobra to 10.0@136+ shifting 1200rpm short of the 8100rpm redline due to not having a 9 sec. legal cage--I would guess it will run 9.8s@138-140 when uncorked at a non teched event like SD. You're right, 13.5:1+ C/R + large duration cams +custom SS full 3" exhaust = a sporty exhaust tone :D
I already know I'm going to have clutch issues--I have a Clutchmasters stage IV ceramic disk right now--but will likely have to step up to a dual disk at some point. No one else that I know has sprayed such a motor, but seeing that a worked pump gas 4.6 gains 250rwtq off a 150 shot, I'm thinking I should end up with ~800rwtq off the same size shot. LOL, I may be running 28x10s on the street.
A car that traps 130 on pump gas N/A is no slouch, bring that bad boy to SD. I'm sure we could find you some excellent races. If all else fails there are usually a dozen or so turbo Busa's. :D

Users who are viewing this thread