Any Navy Chiefs out there today!? Don’t forget your heritage on this day.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome, Jeff! And thank you for your service. I was only in the Navy for 4 years and made Third Class Petty Officer in May, 1969. Many times I wished I had stayed and made it a career.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Let me share a quick story from yesterday which is semi-related. This was for an Army guy who reached his point on another forum so you'll understand the end. But 100% love and respect to my Military brothers and sisters.

Today I had a gun class and 5 of us were prior Military. We left the "always been civilians" and went to another room to start our test. We took it but before long one story led to another story which led to another. Had a Georgia Boy that was Navy, an Army guy who is now a FB friend and this oldddd New Yorker who was Airforce. The Army guy was the real MVP from what I heard. You would have thought we had known each other for 20 years and couldn't wait to tell the next story of the best and worst of times. After about an hour of talking we shook each other's hands and thanked each other for their service. It made my day let me tell you. Just an example of my previous statement to find solace in those who have gone through what you have. They'll understand and you'll respect their feedback even more.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I am an initiated Chief Petty Officer on this fine Navy Day in 1993.
How seasoned is your coffee cup?
Let me share a quick story from yesterday which is semi-related. This was for an Army guy who reached his point on another forum so you'll understand the end. But 100% love and respect to my Military brothers and sisters.

Today I had a gun class and 5 of us were prior Military. We left the "always been civilians" and went to another room to start our test. We took it but before long one story led to another story which led to another. Had a Georgia Boy that was Navy, an Army guy who is now a FB friend and this oldddd New Yorker who was Airforce. The Army guy was the real MVP from what I heard. You would have thought we had known each other for 20 years and couldn't wait to tell the next story of the best and worst of times. After about an hour of talking we shook each other's hands and thanked each other for their service. It made my day let me tell you. Just an example of my previous statement to find solace in those who have gone through what you have. They'll understand and you'll respect their feedback even more.
Most of the people I currently work with are prior military. The two I get along with the best are a retired Navy chief and retired E7 from the Air Force. To hear us talk you'd think we hate each other, but the conversations always end in laughter.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
How seasoned is your coffee cup?

Most of the people I currently work with are prior military. The two I get along with the best are a retired Navy chief and retired E7 from the Air Force. To hear us talk you'd think we hate each other, but the conversations always end in laughter.
The Jameson keeps his coffee cup clean:ROFLMAO:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I ain’t even gonna lie…. I cleaned the Commanding Officer of MineWarfare Training center’s cup when I was in “A” school. I was cleaning his desk and thought it was disgusting. Thought he’d be happy…..he was not.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Frustrated World Cup GIF

VegasMichael

Established Member

Nice. That's what always made the USO centers in airports so great. You'd meet guys from all different branches who were coming and going from all over the planet. Great to listen and share stories with.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I ain’t even gonna lie…. I cleaned the Commanding Officer of MineWarfare Training center’s cup when I was in “A” school. I was cleaning his desk and thought it was disgusting. Thought he’d be happy…..he was not.
OMG! I was just going to post my boot camp experience regarding a Chief's coffee cup, and then read yours. LOL. I did the exact same thing you did. The Chief had me clean his office. I saw his dirty cup and thought I'd make him happy by cleaning it so it was spotless. He was SO pissed when he came into his office when I finished cleaning. I still remember him yelling "it took me 20 years to get that cup seasoned"!!!!!
Subject - :coffee:
Chief - :mad:
Me - :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread