Any of you Lightning guys upgrade to a new MAF?

Ted B

Established Member
quick question was the stock maf of the lightning a 90mm, and have an extension harness, or was it close enough to plug right into the stock spot.

I ask because i found a tuner in my area that recommends the 90mm lightning maf for my target goals of power on my 03 procharged mach 1 as my MAF took a crap. He recommended the lightning maf for my power applications looking to put down like 450rwh at the most ATM till I do more more motor upgrades.

If anyone has a good MAF laying around would you consider selling or letting me have it?

Ted B

Established Member
That's what I was thinking, but cost is going to be an issue, i found a guy who is close and seems to really know his stuff on these new edge 4V engines...the slot style i want is like 400$, i'm just looking to get the car running at least safely to where it was then just do the massive upgrade new Rods pistons cams slot style maf, and a tune all at once. I believe the mafia module shorted since its no longer putting out 12V to the maf, and when it shorted i think it took the maf with it as the ford dealer told me he could only read like .008V at all the time even with air flowing at diff RPMs. Thankfully the tests to make sure my engine was ok compression wise came back ok. Car runs ok, but hesitates which I believe is detonation cause by the computer not really knowing how much air is coming in due the faulty MAF.

Ted B

Established Member
yeah thats was the path i was going to go, even a small SCT maf is like 250, and that's not with a longer tube which i'm looking to have made for smoother air across the maf. I figured Id just ask just for the hell of it I know a lot of people upgrade Mafs when the go with a bigger supercharger, or just want to push the stock eaton more.

@Dusten thanks for the info and confirmation on the 90mm question.

Dusten

Established Member
yeah thats was the path i was going to go, even a small SCT maf is like 250, and that's not with a longer tube which i'm looking to have made for smoother air across the maf. I figured Id just ask just for the hell of it I know a lot of people upgrade Mafs when the go with a bigger supercharger, or just want to push the stock eaton more.

@Dusten thanks for the info and confirmation on the 90mm question.
Sadly I ditched my 90mm years ago.

Ted B

Established Member
Yeah I only hold on to old parts after I upgrade for so long myself, otherwise Id prob have 4 new edge mustangs worth of crap laying around :)

Users who are viewing this thread