any opions on Jasper rebuilds

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
For the love of god do not go with jasper!!! everyone i know that has used them have had major problems, 03 7.3 f350 went through 5 trans in less then 30,000 miles. another one of my buddies had a focus reman motor sent and went through two before he sold off the car. that being said they do stand by there warranty, but i wouldnt ever

03cobrajc

Established Member
I wouldn't actually be buying a reman motor from them, I was thinking of getting them to rebuild my current motor back up with stock specifications

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I would go with an engine builder, not a mass engine rebuilder. Find a competent machine shop in your area, or hire L&M or one of the other premier builders around the country.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
A very good friend did and it was not pleasant. He had to put 5 motors in his truck before he finally asked for his money back. Seems they only repair what was originally diagnosed as broken on an engine. If it is bad rod on cylinder 4 that's all they fix. After the third motor has asked them what was going on. It took him a while to get an answer but that's what he found out. He finally got a local engine shop to build him a motor. It is going strong after 3 years. I would go with a NAPA motor before Jasper. Even though I do not have personal experience with either.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
A very good friend did and it was not pleasant. He had to put 5 motors in his truck before he finally asked for his money back. Seems they only repair what was originally diagnosed as broken on an engine. If it is bad rod on cylinder 4 that's all they fix. After the third motor has asked them what was going on. It took him a while to get an answer but that's what he found out. He finally got a local engine shop to build him a motor. It is going strong after 3 years. I would go with a NAPA motor before Jasper. Even though I do not have personal experience with either.
^^This, i agree with everyone else on having a real shop rebuild it for you. you would have a better chance sending the motor to me to rebuild it than jasper... and i cant rebuild a motor...

mustangmike1

Established Member
You should look at a ford reman from tousley, I forget were they are built but its by the same people that build the ford racing motors. its 6k for a complete engine and then you get 2k back from core charge so basically 4k and a new motor with revised heads and 3 year warranty. The one I got had new timing cover, newest heads, new oil cooler, new water pump. I couldn't find anything that had a old casting date on it. The only thing that looked reused was the oil pan(repainted).

03cobraracer

Established Member
I beleive it's AED in Texas. There are a bunch of threads on here I know a few guys went straight through them and saved some money. If my MMR shortblock ever let's go I will be ordering one of these.

Users who are viewing this thread