Any PREVIOUS F-BODY OWNERS HERE?

badmpg

Established Member
Just seeing how many previous F body owners are here. Do you regret switching to Terminator Cobra, are you happy with the switch. What fbody did you own?

Last edited:

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
I have had 4 f-bodies and I never looked back, IMHO the cars aren't even in the same league mod for mod.

x2 i use to have a 02' WS6 with nitrous, my cobra for less $$ put into it is faster and better all around. i miss the aggressive looks of the WS6 but the cobra is better quality interior, better handling etc etc...

badmpg

Established Member
x2 i use to have a 02' WS6 with nitrous, my cobra for less $$ put into it is faster and better all around. i miss the aggressive looks of the WS6 but the cobra is better quality interior, better handling etc etc...

I agree 100% i had an 02 TA Bolt ons i love the look of the ls1 trans ams, but doesnt match the performance at all, ta had slow windows, heavy ass doors, etc. i dont regret the switch

Rock SVT

Established Member
I like the Cobra better. The T/A was a great car and it ran great on the jug but in my opinion you can't beat Forced Induction and it just costs too much to go that route with a F-body. I like the Cobra's interior better as well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a 1994 Z-28 which was converted to Callaway Camaro in 1995-1997. I loved that car but my 2003 Cobra was so much better. My Cobra was the best car I ever owned. I miss her! :)

Juruense

Banned
If you do it you are required by mustang code to cut off the mullett and stop excessively using the capslock key :bored:

454LSX

Established Member
I just picked up my 03 Cobra yesterday. Ported Pullied car with low miles. I traded a 99 low mile LSX 454 car with all the goodies to go with it. So its not really an apples to apples comparison of a "normal F-body"

It's amazing how much the cars are alike and different at the same time. The F-body is more comfortable, the shifter is in a much better place and there is more room in the interior.

Power wise the 500rwhp blower car is not a match to a 454 cubic inches of LS NA. Even a H/C F-body would have a shot I think in anything other than a full on dig race with slicks. Weight and power delivery is just different. The 454 spun the drag radials at will, part throttle, whatever. I have to stomp on the Cobra to do the same thing even when colder out.

I was expecting more refinement and a WAY better ride but down the highway the SS with Koni's and good springs probably has the advantage in ride quality.

Now going through parking lots the Cobra is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better then my SS...Plus the indepent rear feels more planted at speed, although the fab 9inch and koni's did a good job in the F-body.

Interior\exterior build quality they both seem to have thier qurks.. The F-body and its big doors and dash, the Cobra with a freaking pull headlight knob. the post on the hood on a car of this caliber is crazy.

Also a properly built F-body you can beat on like crazy, from the reading I've done the Cobra is a little more touchy and has some problems with heat. But that is just internet knowledge.

Cable clutch vs Hydro clutch, the Cobra Centerforce is giving me a workout when compared to my racing Tex clutch in the SS.

That said I LOVE MY NEW POWER WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Rock SVT

Established Member
^ With all the money you had in that F-bod I think I would have just kept it. That's the setup I wanted in my Trans Am. With that being said if you put the amount of money you put in the F-bod into the Cobra I think you'll be happy with the results. Good luck. :beer:

gnxs

Established Member
I traded in my 2000 Formula WS6 for my 2004 Cobra. I was debating building the Formula to take FI or getting a new car that was already FI from the factory with a strong motor.

The dealer made the deal too good to refuse, so I bought the Cobra. I loved my WS6, but the Cobra has been very good to me also. The car has been fairly trouble free (as my WS6 was), but I could never have imagined that I would be able to take it into the mid 10's with basically a Blower Swap, Bolt-On's and a Solid Axle in almost complete street trim. The stock motor has also lived at ~600rwhp for several years (110,000+ miles currently). Not sure my WS6 would have been able to survive that. I still miss the aggressive look of my Formula though. To me, it's still one of the meanest looking cars on the road.

My 2000 Formula WS6:

formula_front.JPG

My 2004 Cobra:

gnxs295side.jpg

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
i have a 2000 z28 right now. its all built with heads, cam, nitrous...etc. im debating on making the switch. the price of cobras has dropped so much its hard to resist the terminator. im not a big fan of 6 speeds tho due to racing and missing gears and crap like that. my car as it sits is a mid to low 10 second car depending on how big a shot i throw at it. but i think im ready to move onto a forced induction car. and hell chances are ill throw some spray on the cobra. so what do you guys think? will i be happy with the swap???

Users who are viewing this thread