Any pullied and chipped GT's yet?

cobra4b

@ The Track
Established Member
OK if you want to name drop... I know John Spruill who is a powertrain engineer at Saleen. He designed the new twin screw for the motor amongs other things. You want me to post my pics up? He personally told me at a new years party last year (ringing in 2004) that they've indeed pullied them.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I think this is a misunderstanding. Yes, Saleen builds and plays with the GT. No, they did not design or engineer the GT. He's not doubting they've upped the boost I believe...but rather saying they did not have a role in the engineering of the car.

Last edited:

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
The DBK said:
I think this is a misunderstanding. Yes, Saleen builds and plays with the GT. No, they did not design or engineer the GT. He's not doubting they've upped the boost I believe...but rather saying they did not have a role in the engineering of the car.

I am indeed saying that the role saleen took in the actual ENGINEERING of the car was very small.

Concerning Mr. Spruill, I met him once briefly coming into/going out of the building. I do now know his specific role with the supercharger but I can find out if you wish. Or you can simply look at the SAE papers written and presented at the SAE world congress last year. One of those papers delt specifically with the supercharger/engine assembly. I do not have them here with me in AZ, but I will check when I get home in Feb.

What I do is that the supercharger is a Lysholm type (who also conincidentally designed it a very long time ago :uh oh: ) the peice was designed and built by Eaton for the Ford GT.

Is that any better?

Last edited:

Whipple Charged

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Were working on a 3.3L SC kit for the GT! Haven't done any dyno wdork yet, but should be near 800hp when done.

Thanks,
Dustin

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
MOTIV8 said:
03LGCOBRA...you are almost as funny as you are pathetic. i am 18 years old, will never own a GT...but have driven some pretty amazing cars...some of the ones on your list in fact. granted the other poster was a bit scornful, your retort was even more retarded. the point being...what does driving those cars have to do with anything? if your trouser snake is subpar in the length department...find another way to extend it, because boasting about the cars you've driven makes you look foolish.

on topic...if i owned a GT...i would enjoy it stock...until it gets boring, as a stock car always gets boring. then i would start adding mods until the car stopped being boring...and i would be happy with it. that's why we mod, right? to make the car more appealing to our tastes...be they performance, looks or otherwise.

TK

Whatever. No, I do not personally own the cars, my dad does, I live with my dad so that's why I said that I have those cars. Except the Ferrari, that's my girlfriend'd dad's car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread