Any pullied and chipped GT's yet?

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Bring one in to my shop we can mod it no problem! Just trying to get the boss to let us mod his!

Blue03Snake

Established Member
i recieve the DuPont registry magazine, and there is an advertisment about modding the GT...i don't remember the price, but they can be modified anywhere between 600-750 rwhp...if anyone wants the shop's name just reply back and i can go get it.

venom279

Established Member
Blue03Snake said:
i recieve the DuPont registry magazine, and there is an advertisment about modding the GT...i don't remember the price, but they can be modified anywhere between 600-750 rwhp...

:eek: Holy sh!t, as if they weren't fast enough!!

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Never enough!

Hemi 5.7 code broken and being tested as we speak. I'm looking at the 300SRT 6.1 Hemi this spring...chipped, intaked and exhaust mods. High 12 sec. family car. In fact, KB is working on a blower that will take it into the high 11s.

The GT can and will be chipped. I like dgussin's thinking. If you have the money...who gives a crap about warranty!! I'd venture to say that not single GT has been financed.....cash only.

Never enough HP or brakes.....N E V E R !!

vipergts281

Established Member
Two things.........

If you can afford $200,000 for a car, then you obviously have enough money to pay for it if it were to break. If I had the money, I would most likely mod the car. As someone else said, most were probably bought with cash. To some, money is no object.

xjeeper- You're a d**k. You wouldn't happen to be the same "xjeep" on Stangnet would you? You both share the same shitty attitude.

Last edited:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
From FORD Media site last month...

LAS VEGAS, Nov. 2 – Ford Racing announced at the Specialty Equipment Manufacturer's Association (SEMA) show that performance hardware from Ford's supercar, the 2005 Ford GT, will soon be available in their Performance Parts catalog. What's more, Ford GT owners will be able to choose from a selection of performance and appearance upgrades for their own supercar.

Ford performance enthusiasts looking for the ultimate powertrain for any unique or custom application can now buy the same complete engine and transaxle assembly that is installed in the most spectacular Ford performance vehicle to ever come out of a Ford factory – the 2005 Ford GT. Plus, the engine block and cylinder heads may be purchased separately.

There is also good news for lucky owners of the new Ford GT. FRPP will be offering a variety of performance and high-end appearance enhancements that will help them tailor their factory supercar to their own particular tastes.

For those seeking a high-efficiency, bolder-sounding exhaust, a complete performance exhaust system – from a set of tuned engine exhaust headers right back through the muffler – will not only provide a power increase but also a more authoritative engine note from idle to wide-open throttle. The new system, sourced from Borla, is expected to be a popular bolt-on upgrade.

Other Ford GT performance items appearing in the initial catalog parts offering include a transaxle cooler kit for track use, as well as a shorter-throw competition-feel shifter.

"The Ford GT is the ultimate expression of Ford Performance and we're excited to be able to provide the exceptional hardware from our supercar," said Jamie Allison, Manager, Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP). "FRPP will be the only place to go for performance upgrades for the Ford GT."

To help owners add some subtle specialty touches to their cars, a selection of tasteful appearance items will also be available. Billet caps for the coolant and intercooler overflow bottles, as well as for the oil tank, will help set off the engine compartment. Inside, a billet shift ball and functional protective seat covers are available. And many more items are still being developed.

"From the Ford Focus all the way up to the Ford GT, FRPP is working hard to bring to market the right parts at the right price for all Ford performance enthusiasts – no matter what they drive," Allison added. "And more is being added to the pipeline every month, so stay tuned."

Wildpony

Established Member
I wonder if Bill Ford had his personal GT modified by his engineers ?? I could also see Leno doing something to his GT -esp. if he ended up buying a 2nd one ..

cobra4b

@ The Track
Established Member
The guys at Saleen helped design the whole car and powertrain. A little birdie I know told me they have pullied one for fun.

MOTIV8

Anything Fast
Established Member
03LGCOBRA...you are almost as funny as you are pathetic. i am 18 years old, will never own a GT...but have driven some pretty amazing cars...some of the ones on your list in fact. granted the other poster was a bit scornful, your retort was even more retarded. the point being...what does driving those cars have to do with anything? if your trouser snake is subpar in the length department...find another way to extend it, because boasting about the cars you've driven makes you look foolish.

on topic...if i owned a GT...i would enjoy it stock...until it gets boring, as a stock car always gets boring. then i would start adding mods until the car stopped being boring...and i would be happy with it. that's why we mod, right? to make the car more appealing to our tastes...be they performance, looks or otherwise.

TK

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
Owning a number of high end cars doesn't make you better than anyone either.

rust0r

Established Member
fast1: sorry, i guess that was misleading, i wasn't implying it would, it was just a sidenote seeing as he bragged about driving them, i would be interested to know if he could actually afford/owns any of them, assets do not make anyone better than anyone

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
rust0r said:
fast1: sorry, i guess that was misleading, i wasn't implying it would, it was just a sidenote seeing as he bragged about driving them, i would be interested to know if he could actually afford/owns any of them, assets do not make anyone better than anyone
No problem :)

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
cobra4b said:
The guys at Saleen helped design the whole car and powertrain. A little birdie I know told me they have pullied one for fun.

I think that your 'little birdie' was a bit optimistic of the input that Saleen had on the car.

cobra4b

@ The Track
Established Member
No... I've been to their plant in Irvine, Ca.... I know a couple of guys who work in engineering for them. I've sat in Steve Saleen's personal GT given to them as a thanks from Ford.

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
cobra4b said:
No... I've been to their plant in Irvine, Ca.... I know a couple of guys who work in engineering for them. I've sat in Steve Saleen's personal GT given to them as a thanks from Ford.

wow you got snowballed, i guess i don't know anything after working on the program for nearly 2 years.

ignorance is bliss huh?

if you want to hear it straight contact me off list.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
b_tone said:
wow you got snowballed, i guess i don't know anything after working on the program for nearly 2 years.

ignorance is bliss huh?

if you want to hear it straight contact me off list.

No need to be chippy. I'm sure alot of people get mixed messages about Saleen's involvement since they do so much with the car. I mean they only paint, wire, align, wire, assemble...etc....

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
The DBK said:
No need to be chippy. I'm sure alot of people get mixed messages about Saleen's involvement since they do so much with the car. I mean they only paint, wire, align, wire, assemble...etc....

Right......

Users who are viewing this thread