Any reason why I shouldn't buy a used SCT programmer?

cbehr

Established Member
I've seen a couple used SCT 7015 tuners that are unlocked for sale. Anything I need to be cautious of other than making sure it's unlocked?

cbehr

Established Member
Ok turns out it is still married to a car but it's cheap enough that even sending back to SCT for $150 saves me over $100 off a new one.

Last edited:

gt347mustang

Established Member
You're looking at sct tuners and bama for the tune??? Must be new here. Please do some research first.

brigs

Established Member
I've seen a few lately between $185-$200 unmarried that I'm sure you could get for $175.

cbehr

Established Member
You're looking at sct tuners and bama for the tune??? Must be new here. Please do some research first.

Sorry typo on my part, was doing some google searching and have 27 tabs open. But yes I am new.....been reading daily on here since I got my car 2 months back but I'm sure I'll still say some stupid stuff anyway.

Last edited:

96gt02

Established Member
I've seen a couple used SCT 7015 tuners that are unlocked for sale. Anything I need to be cautious of other than making sure it's unlocked?
Just make sure the device is unmarried with any number of unlocks left, the unlocks are the different number of vehicles it can be used on in total once unmarried. How much is the used X4 your looking to buy? I sell them myself for $250 shipped, if your interested let me know!

96gt02

Established Member
Just make sure the device is unmarried with any number of unlocks left, the unlocks are the different number of vehicles it can be used on in total once unmarried. How much is the used X4 your looking to buy? I sell them myself for $250 shipped, if your interested let me know!

cbehr

Established Member
I'm buying some other stuff from the guy so it's $125 shipped but he said it's married to the car yet...so I'd need to send ti back to SCT for $150 for a vin unlock. So with shipping to/from SCT Im' guessing I'd be in around $300. Better to go new with someone that offers a few custom tunes? I'm not looking to go crazy with the car, has intake, cat back and would like to go with a smaller pulley this winter.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Yes buy new. I had an issue with sct4 I bought new not wanting to accept tune. Spent many hours with sct on phone trying to get that pos to take. They finally took it back and I put my livewire back in car. Was thinking to myself while going threw that mess. “I’m glad I didn’t buy used or I would have had to eat it”.

cbehr

Established Member
Thanks for all the suggestions and input!! I'll avoid a locked unit, seems like it could just be a huge headache.

Users who are viewing this thread