Any Red Flags?

01yellercobra

Established Member
What bothers me the most is the side cobras facing backwards. I can see a lot of the changes there being the previous owner's taste in doing little updates here and there. But the Cobras - why make them face the wrong way?
I didn't even look at the Cobras. Those would be my main reason for walking away. Usually when they're backwards shoddy work was done somewhere.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
What bothers me the most is the side cobras facing backwards. I can see a lot of the changes there being the previous owner's taste in doing little updates here and there. But the Cobras - why make them face the wrong way?

I didn't even look at the Cobras. Those would be my main reason for walking away. Usually when they're backwards shoddy work was done somewhere.

Yes! They are backwards because they were pulled for paint work and then they screwed up and installed them on the opposite sides, which makes them face aft. I’ve seen others make this error... it’s a red flag. WHY was the car painted...? As for the mechanical mods, you can take the car for a test drive as well as have an engine health checkup done to see if all is well under the hood.

Dig deeper why paint work was done.

Systemax302

Established Member
I'm only getting one picture from that link, but in general I wouldn't buy one of these cars from a used car lot. Just my personal preference... I bought mine this Summer from a guy here on SVTP. Very good car and it had 77,000 miles. Super clean and no major issues I had to address.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm only getting one picture from that link, but in general I wouldn't buy one of these cars from a used car lot. Just my personal preference... I bought mine this Summer from a guy here on SVTP. Very good car and it had 77,000 miles. Super clean and no major issues I had to address.

I only see the 1 pic also.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I finally clicked on the link and realized that place is down the street from where I work.

I have driven by there on occasion, but have never stopped. They ALWAYS have sport cars on their lot (i.e. Cobras, Corvette's, and anything else that might appeal to the younger crowed or sports car enthusiast).

They currently have a pretty good looking SB listed on their website (asking the same price with 84K miles on the clock):
https://swagelpaso.v12soft.com/inventory/view/11462048/2003-Ford-Mustang-2dr-Cpe-SVT-Cobra

I have not heard anything about this company. No one has ever given me a review of this company. So, the good news is I have never heard anything bad about them. They seem to always have a decent selection when I happen to drive by.

I just googled them and in the picture you can see a Yellow Cobra sitting on the side of their building.

NOTE: On the listing page they have number of photos available. Only one is listed for the Black Cobra and 26 are listed for the SB:

Cobra.JPG

Cobra 01.JPG

Civkik

Established Member
I paid 20k for my cobra with 45k and it is in pristine condition. I'd say offer them 18k.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread