Any self-service auto shops in Orlando like on the mil. bases?

JasonSnake

Established Member
I just moved to UCF area and will not have any real access to a garage to work on my car so was wondering if there are any self-service auto hobby shops around the area? I know they rarely exist, but there just has to be something here (I am about 8-10 miles away from the Orlando Speedway) because of all the hooked-up cars I see here.:shrug:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
There used to be one forever ago, IIRC, but they stopped doing it because of insurance. I assume pretty much all of those type of places went away.

SCMOKN

Established Member
I miss that about the Military. I have all the tools I need for the most part, but it sure would be nice to have the use of a lift.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Steve, wish I did. Last time I was able to use the hobby shop was about 10 years ago when I was still a dependant. I never went into the mil so my days going there are numbered. I remember having free reign over all the tools, lifts and cheap bay rental times. Those were the days.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ill try to find the name if you want, only place I know of that might still be doing it is down in Kissimmee, a friend used them around 2 years ago when he lived down that way

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Dsg2003Mach1 I would like to know the name of that place

ok, the whole username location thing is kinda tripping me out...what are the odds.

my buddy never got back to me with the name, I guess just google for self service garage kissimmee or something like that

Litemup86

Established Member
There is a nice muffler/auto repair shop on Goldenrod, just south of 50, that used to have a sign saying he rented out time in the bays and lifts. Not sure if he is still there, but he was a big time drag racer for a while. PM me if still interested and I'll try to look up the name.

Users who are viewing this thread