Any September build dates?

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member
Does anyone have a September build date yet? Or am I the only one left still waiting for a VIN and build date? ;-)

Snoopy49

Established Member
Does anyone have a September build date yet? Or am I the only one left still waiting for a VIN and build date? ;-)

When did you order your car? Are you sure your dealer had an allocation?

I just talked to a small local dealer who had 1 allocation that he used to order a car for his customer in Mar and he was just told that it would be a 4th quarter build. The car is still unscheduled.

It seems the large dealers are given preferential treatment when it comes to the scheduling and allocations of these cars.

willfong

Established Member
I placed my order with a dealer in San Fran 5/29 (who said they had 4-5 allocations) and no update - still "order processing". At this point I would be very happy with a Sept build date!

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member
Wow your still waiting. I'm sorry. Good luck.

Yup. :nonono: Thanks.

When did you order your car? Are you sure your dealer had an allocation?

I just talked to a small local dealer who had 1 allocation that he used to order a car for his customer in Mar and he was just told that it would be a 4th quarter build. The car is still unscheduled.

It seems the large dealers are given preferential treatment when it comes to the scheduling and allocations of these cars.

I ordered end of April. According to the owner, who I've been dealing with, yes, they had allocations. According to the owner, I am the first and the last that was heard from the zone rep was that mine would be a third quarter build. Seeing as how we're half way through the third quarter, I am wondering if it will actuall be a fourth quarter build. :shrug:

My dealer is a small dealer-- the size of the dealer, along with the volume of mustang sales, does factor in.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I wonder if I was talking to your salesman, what is the first name of your salesman?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you don't have a VIN yet...the likeily hood of a September build is pretty slim...

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Yup. :nonono: Thanks.

I ordered end of April. According to the owner, who I've been dealing with, yes, they had allocations. According to the owner, I am the first and the last that was heard from the zone rep was that mine would be a third quarter build. Seeing as how we're half way through the third quarter, I am wondering if it will actuall be a fourth quarter build. :shrug:

My dealer is a small dealer-- the size of the dealer, along with the volume of mustang sales, does factor in.

did your dealer even receive a GT500 yet??

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member
I wonder if I was talking to your salesman, what is the first name of your salesman?

PM sent.

did your dealer even receive a GT500 yet??

The dealer is over an hour away from me, so I'm not driving by all the time. But to the best of my knowledge, no, he has not received one yet. I keep checking the dealer's inventory on the Ford website and it has never listed one yet.

91svtbird

Established Member
2nd allocation order --Ordered April 18th still no Vin# or build date yet. :waiting:

Dealer already delivered his 1st allocation car back in June.

HanksTint

Established Member
I have a september build car the dealer was told by ford car will be built first week of September and will be delivered by end of September....... I order on 7/10.....and dealer will have vin number this week....... I have my drag radials from my 2012 GT500 I'm ready for the 2013.....

RRDave

Established Member

I'm still waiting too, ordered just a few days after you. I ordered from a big dealer though. I just found out that I have his last or next-to-last allocation for the year, which explains the ridiculous wait. I wish I had known earlier so I could have explored some other options.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm still waiting too, ordered just a few days after you. I ordered from a big dealer though. I just found out that I have his last or next-to-last allocation for the year, which explains the ridiculous wait. I wish I had known earlier so I could have explored some other options.

You can still explore your options..and if you are able to find a deal that isn't as far out, you can just buy that and ask for your holding fee back from the original dealer.

Why wait if you don't have to?:beer:

RRDave

Established Member
You can still explore your options..and if you are able to find a deal that isn't as far out, you can just buy that and ask for your holding fee back from the original dealer.

Why wait if you don't have to?:beer:

I'm keeping my eyes open for a gray/black PP at MSRP but its not common....

Users who are viewing this thread