Any TDI or VW Mechanics in Here?

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Any VW guru’s or TDI knowledgeable members in here?

Bought a 14 dieselgate passat almost 4 years ago. Car is clean, and awesome when it runs.

Have repeatedly had to take it into the shop for emissions issues. Good part is it’s under warranty until 11/2024. That said, I’ve had numerous scares with “No start” codes popping up when I’m 500miles out of town. Luckily they were intermittent each time.

Is there a real fix to this issue? The dealership changes a part, clears the code and tells me to keep it under 72mph. This most recent fault came up at 52mph.

Contemplating eating the $1,500 to delete it. But the warranty also costs nothing, beside the headache of borrowing a car for a few days.
Codes:
1D605737-00C1-415D-B98E-BE81BBFC6162.png

bglf83

Established Member
Not a mechanic, but I have a 2015 Jetta TDI. I just changed out the crank shaft position sensor because my car would randomly die in traffic. There was no code so the dealer was useless.

Have you looked on the TDIclub forums?

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I would keep driving it and let the dealer deal with the repairs under warranty. If its a recurring issue then have the dealer escalate the problem and give you a loaner until its looked at by an expert and fixed. I also agree with snooping around on a TDI forum, hopefully its an easy/cheap fix.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I have a 15 gold dieselgate and have been also waiting for a def tank due to a bad level sensor. It's been over 7month, but I haven't had any drivability issues tho.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I’ve bounced around the TDI forum, seems like the fault code is very generic and people aren’t getting much feedback besides throwing Nox sensors at them.

Just talked to the dealership, they mentioned VW is starting to dispute covering these p204F codes which seems odd since it’s emissions related.

Now that I have this p20ee code that should “Help”. Warranty coverage that is. I guess we’ll see what happens, dropping it off tonight.

If I get push back from VW covering it, I’ll lean towards the delete. I’m in the car so cheap it doesn’t make much sense to sell. Only 83k on it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve bounced around the TDI forum, seems like the fault code is very generic and people aren’t getting much feedback besides throwing Nox sensors at them.

Just talked to the dealership, they mentioned VW is starting to dispute covering these p204F codes which seems odd since it’s emissions related.

Now that I have this p20ee code that should “Help”. Warranty coverage that is. I guess we’ll see what happens, dropping it off tonight.

If I get push back from VW covering it, I’ll lean towards the delete. I’m in the car so cheap it doesn’t make much sense to sell. Only 83k on it.
**** em, if they want to refuse to fix an emissions related code because they're too incompetent to figure it out I'd send that shit to the EPA office

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
**** em, if they want to refuse to fix an emissions related code because they're too incompetent to figure it out I'd send that shit to the EPA office
Surprised this hasn’t happened.

Have seen a few people trying to Lemon the car due to constant returns to the shop. On the TDI forum.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a 2013 TDI Jetta that I bought brand new. LOVED that car. Unbelievable mpg, EASY as hell to drive in SoCal rush hour traffic, great sound system, good power. One of the best commuters ever.

Around 60k miles, I started getting DPF and emissions codes, car began to run poorly. I started replacing sensors (expensive!!) much to no avail.

Around 2015? VW bought it back during diesel gate. I owed $13k. They paid off the loan and ALSO cut me a check for just under $10k. I was absolutely stunned.

That's my lifelong "won the lottery" story lol.

Still can't believe it happened.

bglf83

Established Member
I had a 2013 TDI Jetta that I bought brand new. LOVED that car. Unbelievable mpg, EASY as hell to drive in SoCal rush hour traffic, great sound system, good power. One of the best commuters ever.

Around 60k miles, I started getting DPF and emissions codes, car began to run poorly. I started replacing sensors (expensive!!) much to no avail.

Around 2015? VW bought it back during diesel gate. I owed $13k. They paid off the loan and ALSO cut me a check for just under $10k. I was absolutely stunned.

That's my lifelong "won the lottery" story lol.

Still can't believe it happened.

I put 130k on a 2012 Jetta TDI, sold it back to VW for 18 or 19k and bought a 2015 Jetta TDI with a higher trim with 30k miles for 16k. The 2015 was VW Certified used, which had an unlimited mileage warranty for the first 2 years.

The 2015 is what I still have, it has 102k on it now.

I consider that a great deal as well.

bglf83

Established Member
What are the miles on the car? That stuff has warranty up to 167k miles.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
What are the miles on the car? That stuff has warranty up to 167k miles.
I think it is over that. She said the dealer looked at it a while ago and she didn't fix it then because they were going to charge her so she put it off until now which the car is not running well at this point and the turbo might be going now as well as a result.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I put 130k on a 2012 Jetta TDI, sold it back to VW for 18 or 19k and bought a 2015 Jetta TDI with a higher trim with 30k miles for 16k. The 2015 was VW Certified used, which had an unlimited mileage warranty for the first 2 years.

The 2015 is what I still have, it has 102k on it now.

I consider that a great deal as well.
Had any issues with it? Are you in a warm climate?

Seems my issues always arise in the winter when it’s cold cold.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member

don't delete it... it's the greatest warranty in history of manufacturers.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
don't delete it... it's the greatest warranty in history of manufacturers.
I do see your point. Gets frustrating borrowing cars while mines in the shop, as well as the shop providing no logical information behind their repairs.

Interested to hear what they find today.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I do see your point. Gets frustrating borrowing cars while mines in the shop, as well as the shop providing no logical information behind their repairs.

Interested to hear what they find today.
Have you contacted VW Corporate yet about your repeat visits??? File a complaint there and see what shakes out.

bglf83

Established Member
Had any issues with it? Are you in a warm climate?

Seems my issues always arise in the winter when it’s cold cold.

I’m in Houston, so it’s not cold very often. When I picked it up they replaced a def injector and I replaced they crank position sensor.

Otherwise just normal maintenance. The Jetta TDIs have been good cars for me.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The one in out shop needs a turbo so it's at $14300 now. Contacted the girl and she just said "keep moving forward". That was probably the most confused I've ever seen that tech after telling him it's still a go lol.

Users who are viewing this thread