Any updates on the 1-piece TF wheels?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
TF mentioned they were coming out with a new wheel and I was just wondering the status/general time frame?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
not yet. we did have a cad design image we were going to use all ready to go but decided to make some changes to it. still waiting on our guy to finish that up. when it finally is done, ill post up pics for everyone to see.

we plan to start out with 18s first, then 20s later.
18x8 18x9.5 18x10.5 is what we're probably looking at.

actual production probably wouldnt start till after the new year, or somewhere around there.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Steve, how about a one piece spare that would clear the Brembo calipers up front as well. I have to believe there is a pretty good market for it. My credit card awaits!:)

Tob

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
not yet. we did have a cad design image we were going to use all ready to go but decided to make some changes to it. still waiting on our guy to finish that up. when it finally is done, ill post up pics for everyone to see.

we plan to start out with 18s first, then 20s later.
18x8 18x9.5 18x10.5 is what we're probably looking at.

actual production probably wouldnt start till after the new year, or somewhere around there.

Thanks for the update. I won't be back until late summer next year so I have time to wait :-D

chuckstang

Established Member
This is something I don't understand why it has not been done yet?

Lots of people wanted the 18" version of the forged 20" SS wheel but SAI would never build it.

Some people can't see spending $4k or more for wheels, myself included, but instead I went out and bought some POS FRPP rims because there simply is not many forged good looking and wide 18" wheels available for our cars.

Maybe I will sell both sets of rims for some 1 piece TFs when they come out... I recommend making more than one style ;)

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
too bad 18s are the only ones coming out right away. guess i'll just have to buy the rtr's

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Can y'all try and match their backspacing on these rims....They have 5 1/2 inch lips :O...Cheap as hell too. I was thinking about selling my 19" CCW's for these in 20" Stealth Black...they're bad ass looking. Thicker spoke design and I'd be willing to buy the first batch you make in 20". Also 11" rears and 9.5" front would b nice for the width instead of 8.5" and 10" they offer. Also consider the weight too. These rims weighs 24? front and 28? rear. Shoot for lighter too..

20x10_stealth_omega_lg.jpg

05upgodspeedrimsBC33_lg.jpg

They're called Godspeed Omega Ultra Deep Dish. They're not too shabby for being $300 each.

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
They just look like a generic 5 spoke wheel on a deep sunk lip. If I know Steve, there won't be any generic looking wheel coming out of the True Forged camp. He may be able to get the prices lower with the 1 piece design, but you'll still be getting True Forged style and quality which is second to none.
Besides, if you want a certain back spacing he can probably make anything you ask for as long as it will fit the car.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Besides, if you want a certain back spacing he can probably make anything you ask for as long as it will fit the car.
Correct. I have spoken to Steve a lot on the 1 piece wheels and one of the great things will be that you will be able to order cusom backspacing. Along with custom powdercoat, colors, finishes, etc...

rdsnk46

Established Member
Those wheels are a copy of an ROH wheel. I dont see the reason for the dislike on the car though. I think that it looks badass!

FireDragon

Established Member
that's just wrong

Yeah, but it at least that was PG rated. What I first thought wasn't. Filthy mind, I tell ya.

Back on topic, these will be a multi-spoke design close to the SVTPP and RTR style, right? Although my favorite design is 5 spoke, my PP wheels have really grown on me. I wouldn't even think about new wheels if I could fit a wider tire on 'em.

2Sharpie

Established Member
Yeah, but it at least that was PG rated. What I first thought wasn't. Filthy mind, I tell ya.

Back on topic, these will be a multi-spoke design close to the SVTPP and RTR style, right? Although my favorite design is 5 spoke, my PP wheels have really grown on me. I wouldn't even think about new wheels if I could fit a wider tire on 'em.

+1.........If only we could get the stock rears wider (without having to send them out to do so) from Ford or TF - I'm sure a bunch of people would jump at the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread