Any vendors selling the FRPP GT500 Side Exhaust Kit?

jaiasmit

Established Member
I see that Lethal has the kit, but it's about $200 more than you can get it from most other vendors online. I'd like to support one of the vendors here, but don't feel like kicking an extra $200 in just for fun. Seems like the going price is $999 (vs. $1189 at Lethal).

It's part# M-5220-MSVT.

Here's a link to the part at Lethal. http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...-2014-shelby-gt500-quad-side-exhaust-kit.html

Same kit at AM goes for $999 - http://www.americanmuscle.com/boss-quad-exhaust-1114gt500.html

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
jaiasmit, you do know that AM is a supporting vendor as well, yes?

If you want to knock off a couple of hundred dollars off your best price you could always pick up the kit for a Coyote powered Mustang GT and cut/reweld. I've done it a few times and it really isn't that difficult if you have some good fab skills.

jaiasmit

Established Member
Thanks Tob! I guess I didn't realize that AM was a vendor here as well. I don't venture out of the GT500 forum often and hadn't seen anything from them so I made a bad assumption that they weren't a sponsor. Guess I'll have get out a bit more and check out who all the vendors are.

As far as refab'ing the Coyote kit, I'd love to have the skills and equipment to do it, but alas I do not. I can hack and clamp, but no go on the welding skills. Thanks for the advice though.

Thanks for the tip.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I'd check with Lethal on price matching and the SVTP discount. When I called up for my suspension kit I spoke with John and he really hooked me up. Just a thought...

crazy4life

Established Member
I see that Lethal has the kit, but it's about $200 more than you can get it from most other vendors online. I'd like to support one of the vendors here, but don't feel like kicking an extra $200 in just for fun. Seems like the going price is $999 (vs. $1189 at Lethal).

It's part# M-5220-MSVT.

Here's a link to the part at Lethal. http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...-2014-shelby-gt500-quad-side-exhaust-kit.html

Same kit at AM goes for $999 - http://www.americanmuscle.com/boss-quad-exhaust-1114gt500.html

Call Steve at Tasca mention you are a svt member. His prices for Ford Racing cant be beat. He is also a vendor here. He is listed under the vendor forums titled Tasca Automotive Group. PM me for his direct line.

bpodner

My work car!
Established Member
Last edited:

jaiasmit

Established Member
Just wanted to give an update. I ordered the kit from Steve @ Tasca. Great deal on a great product that Ford fashioned after the fine work of Tob. I would have loved to have the Tob kit live on my car, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to have an OEM kit at such a great price. Thanks for everyone.

Now to head over to QTP and order the electric cutouts to go with the kit. With the money Steve saved me I can afford to do both. This is going to be badass. Thanks Tob for the inspiration!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Hey brother, you worked hard for the money to pay for it. It's all you!

Regarding the QTP cutouts, IMHO, you'll never get much utility from them. I have them and never installed them. I'm hanging on to them because they may serve another purpose on a different vehicle. On a Mustang, even with the attenuation plates removed, the car isn't obtrusive. My point is that you'd most likely leave them open all the way all the time. Remember, the factory Boss sidepipes have an internal muffler that really keeps things quiet. If anything, I'd install the kit on your car first and drive it for a while. I think it won't be long and you'll agree with me. The monies saved by not buying the QTP cutouts can be spent elsewhere.

jaiasmit

Established Member
Hey brother, you worked hard for the money to pay for it. It's all you!

Regarding the QTP cutouts, IMHO, you'll never get much utility from them. I have them and never installed them. I'm hanging on to them because they may serve another purpose on a different vehicle. On a Mustang, even with the attenuation plates removed, the car isn't obtrusive. My point is that you'd most likely leave them open all the way all the time. Remember, the factory Boss sidepipes have an internal muffler that really keeps things quiet. If anything, I'd install the kit on your car first and drive it for a while. I think it won't be long and you'll agree with me. The monies saved by not buying the QTP cutouts can be spent elsewhere.

Thanks for the advice again Tob. I already had the cutouts ordered before I saw this. I may just go ahead and install the kit without the cutouts first and see how it sounds without the attenuation plates in. My biggest reason for wanting the cutouts was to keep my wife happy. She really didn't like to ride in my 08 Saleen because the exhaust was too loud and there was too much drone. She's a little worried about me making the Shelby louder. I figured this way if she doesn't like the side exhaust when she's in the car, we can just shut it off. I honestly think she's going to love it open though, so it may all be moot.

I'll have her ride in it before I install the cutouts just to see what she thinks. If it's too much, on they go. If she loves it, then they may go back. Part of me likes the coolness factor if it all though. So, only time and testing will tell.

Thanks again for all you do around here!

jaiasmit

Established Member
I'm like a kid in a candy store. Ordered the kit yesterday and it's sitting in the driveway today. Huge props to Steve @ Tasca for hooking me up.

I haven't even gotten the kit out of the box yet, but I'm super stoked. Hopefully I'll find the time to throw it on this weekend! Cutouts should be here midweek, so they'll be another project. So, we'll see how it sounds wide open for awhile!

Thanks again everyone!

jaiasmit

Established Member
Got the kit installed today. Sound is phenomenal. I'll post some more details about the process in another thread. Just wanted to updated those that were following this one.

jaiasmit

Established Member
Sorry guys. Crazy weekend. I haven't had a chance to get pics and maybe some sound clips yet. I need to make some adjustments to the tips to stop a couple of rattles. When I get it back up in the air for that I'll try to get some pics.

jaiasmit

Established Member
Sorry for no pics yet. Been a crazy couple of days. The good news is that I got to drive it about 2 1/2 hours up to Chicago last night with my wife and it sounded awesome the whole way at all speeds. My wife even agreed that it sounds great. So, I'll likely be sending the QTP cutouts back and use that extra coin towards another mod.

Hopefully I'll get some pics and video sound clips posted up when I get back home.

Users who are viewing this thread