Anybody around Charlotte NC?

SBSnake

Established Member
hey guys, my name is Chris and im at UNCC in Charlotte. Me and a bunch of my buddies have started a stang club here in charlotte around campus. Just wondering if there was anybody else around the area that wanted to check out one of our meets and just hang out, get some grub and talk mustangs. If you wanna check out the site its Mayhem Intro :banana:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I used to practically live at UNCC, I would go see my GF every weekend. I havn't been down there in years though.

is there a lot of cobras around campus???

oxfordwhitemach

Established Member
Anybody have any experience with Boosted Performance in Mooresville? I am thinking about having my machine work done there and possibly having the bottom end built by them. Any feedback would be awesome. Also, any experience with HED in Denton? I want to know the best shop for the job.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Anybody have any experience with Boosted Performance in Mooresville? I am thinking about having my machine work done there and possibly having the bottom end built by them. Any feedback would be awesome. Also, any experience with HED in Denton? I want to know the best shop for the job.

Charlie Buck

buck racing engines

King, NC

SBSnake

Established Member
not 100% sure but ive heard a LOT of people saying Boosted went out of business man. There are only a few Cobras around campus (actually ive only seen one other than mine) but there are several nice GTs and a sweet TT Bullit :rockon:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I don't live there but I'm in town ALL the time. One of my best friends lives on O'Dell School Rd in Concord. He's a couple miles away from Concord Mills.

J-Cobra

Blown and Lovin' It!!!
Established Member
^^^^^ We don't know you...j/k Massey.

I don't think Boosted went out of business. From some of the cars that I've seen, they have done some good work.

I've seen a lot of Cobra's and GT's around the Mooresville area. Not to far from Concord.

Post up some meeting times and you might get a few guys from this area down there.

Jay

SBSnake

Established Member
ok guys, sorry i havent checked back in awhile. Our meets are the first Saturday of every month, but not 100% sure on a time yet because we used to have them on thursday nights. if anybodys interested in coming out to the March 7th meeting let me know and ill throw you some directions:banana:

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
not 100% sure but ive heard a LOT of people saying Boosted went out of business man. There are only a few Cobras around campus (actually ive only seen one other than mine) but there are several nice GTs and a sweet TT Bullit :rockon:

:nono: They are still in business and one of the guys on here recently had his engine rebuilt by them and it is running strong.

SBSnake

Established Member
:nono: They are still in business and one of the guys on here recently had his engine rebuilt by them and it is running strong.

sorry man, i just heard a couple buddies say they went out of business. I know several guys that got theyre work done there and they always do killer stuff, wasnt downing them in the least :shrug:

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
sorry man, i just heard a couple buddies say they went out of business. I know several guys that got theyre work done there and they always do killer stuff, wasnt downing them in the least :shrug:

no problem. It's understandable as there have been a few businesses in the area that have closed.

SBSnake

Established Member
hey jbp99cobra, got plans for March 7th? were cruising down to a car show in Lancaster to hang out and have some fun. We'd love to have you, and anybody else from the area is welcome too, just give me a shout :beer:

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
hey jbp99cobra, got plans for March 7th? were cruising down to a car show in Lancaster to hang out and have some fun. We'd love to have you, and anybody else from the area is welcome too, just give me a shout :beer:

Would love to, but I am headed to Cars & Coffee up at Northlake Mall that day. It is the 1st Saturday of each month. Cars and Coffee™ Charlotte

John

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
cool john, that sounds like a good time too. a lot of domestic cars generally show up?

It's a good mix... vettes, classics, f bodies and some factory fives. It is nice to attend get-togethers once in a while that aren't only mustangs.

SBSnake

Established Member
anybody headin to the Autofair this year? our car club is going to be in it again, should be a good time. BUT theyre not allowing people to bring in grilles this year so you have to buy their crappy food :nonono: other than that, should be awesome :banana:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I am the guy John referred to as far as having Boosted build my engine (late last year). Boosted is still in business and I am nothing but happy with my engine. I track the hardtop at VIR, CMP, RRR, KBMC and other road courses multiple times per year.

I am up in Mooresville if anyone ever needs anything. For the young guys at UNCC, if you have any questions about getting out on a road course, send me a PM.

-Kevin

Sloth

Whipple Crew Member
Established Member
+1000 on Boosted Performances builds, they rock. Donnie and Brian do great stuff up there. Never seen anything bad come out of that shop. I plan on having them build me a fully built 3v engine once I get my money together and upping the boost on the whipple.

Users who are viewing this thread