Anybody check out The Purge: Election Year yet?

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
So tonight I had the opportunity to watch it and honestly I thought it was pretty good. If you liked the previous 2, you should like this one. Only thing is the concept gets all too familiar. This one has a couple familiar faces.

I'm sure not everyone will enjoy it but for a 3rd (threequel), wasn't half bad whereas many other sequals fall off. In my opinion, way better than Independence Day.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Liked the first one pretty good. Second was OK but meh. This one is going to have to be pretty damn good to win over my ticket to Central Intelligence.

I don't get out much. Haha

Gravik

Established Member
Liked the first one pretty good. Second was OK but meh. This one is going to have to be pretty damn good to win over my ticket to Central Intelligence.

I don't get out much. Haha
Going to see it tomorrow. Want to see central intelligence as well

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

oldmodman

Established Member
I just can't get over the ease with which people put themselves in danger.

Come on. If we really had a purge I would have a concrete bunker with a two foot rebar reinforced outer wall, six feet of dirt, then another reinforced two foot wall. It would have enough air, food, water, and entertainment to keep me and anyone I chose to include happy and alive for 24 hours before the day and another twenty four hours after it.

And it wouldn't be anywhere near where I lived or worked either.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I just can't get over the ease with which people put themselves in danger.

Come on. If we really had a purge I would have a concrete bunker with a two foot rebar reinforced outer wall, six feet of dirt, then another reinforced two foot wall. It would have enough air, food, water, and entertainment to keep me and anyone I chose to include happy and alive for 24 hours before the day and another twenty four hours after it.

And it wouldn't be anywhere near where I lived or worked either.

The undertone of these movies is the elites are safe while the poor are the ones subject to purging. So if you live in an apartment, odds are you don't have the cash for an off site bunker, lol.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
That was my thought too, but the problem would be getting them back without being killed, lol. If you could get a convoy together then it might be possible.

Get suited and booted and just wait it out. We just need a safehouse and it can happen

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
The first one sucked, the second one was good. This one seems a lot like the second, and has some of the same characters, so I'll watch when it comes out on DVD.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Going to watch it at 10 tonight. Will post up review and maybe spoilers

Gravik

Established Member
Was decent. Had a political tone to it that seemed fairly biased...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MFE

Established Member
Why wouldn't you just spend a few bucks on a plane ticket to Canada for the day?

Users who are viewing this thread