Anybody else not impressed with the SB commercials?

OneManWolfpack

Established Member
Was I the only one that liked the Hyundai "Team" one? Where the kid gets the football taken from some punks, and he assembles his "Crew?" I thought it was hilarious haha. It plied sometime in the first quarter

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I almost changed the channel during the 10-second GoDaddy.com make-out commercial. That was disgusting.

I did however enjoy Toyota's "Come back when you get your own team" commercial. That was probably my favorite.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I thought the same thing!
But maybe corporate American said F the million dollar 30 second spots this year

Commercials blew not impressive
This was not the most exciting SB

A 3 point game with a game saving goal line stand?

Both these teams are kinda boring to me

Brother vs Brother, Best MLB of ALL TIME's last game, BEST SAFETY of ALL TIME's Last game, a 22 point comeback in the second half. WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING?

However I am happy to see that the cheatriots weren't in it

Da fuq did I just read

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wasn't impressed with the majority of the commercials. Seems the focus this year was more on drama than on actually telling us about a product. The GoDaddy commercial was the worse IMO, but what do you expect from them. They've always like to push the envelope.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here's a complete list of Super Bowl half-time shows from 1987 to 2013.

2013 — Beyonce.

2012 — Madonna.

2011 — The Black Eyed Peas, Usher, Slash.

2010 — The Who.

2009 — Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.

2008 — Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.

2007 — Prince and the Florida A&M marching band.

2006 — The Rolling Stones.

2005 — Paul McCartney.

2004 — Janet Jackson, Kid Rock, P. Diddy, Nelly and Justin Timberlake.

2003 — Shania Twain, No Doubt and Sting.

2002 — U2.

2001 — "The Kings of Rock and Pop" featuring Aerosmith, 'N'Sync, Britney Spears, Mary J. Blige and Nelly.

2000 — "A Tapestry of Nations" featuring Phil Collins, Christina Aguilera, Enrique Iglesias, Toni Braxton and an 80-person choir.

1999 — "Celebration of Soul, Salsa and Swing" featuring Stevie Wonder, Gloria Estefan, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and tap dancer Savion Glover.

1998 — "A Tribute to Motown's 40th Anniversary" including Boyz II Men, Smokey Robinson, Queen Latifah, Martha Reeves and The Temptations.

1997 — "Blues Brothers Bash" featuring Dan Akroyd, John Goodman and James Belushi. Also featuring "The Godfather of Soul" James Brown and ZZ Top.

1996 — Diana Ross celebrating 30 years of the Super Bowl with special effects, pyrotechnics and stadium card stunt. Finale featured Diana Ross being taken from the stadium in a helicopter.

1995 — "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye" featuring Tony Bennett, Patti LaBelle, Arturo Sandoval, the Miami Sound Machine and stunts including fire and skydivers. Finale included audience participation with light sticks.

1994 — "Rockin' Country Sunday" featuring Clint Black, Tanya Tucker, Travis Tritt, Wynonna & Naomi Judd. Finale included flashlight stunt.

1993 — "Heal the World" featuring Michael Jackson and 3,500 local children. Finale included audience card stunt.

1992 — "Winter Magic" including a salute to the winter season and the winter Olympics featuring Gloria Estefan, Brian Boitano and Dorothy Hamill.

1991 — "A Small World Salute to 25 Years of the Super Bowl" featuring New Kids on the Block.

1990 — "Salute to New Orleans" and 40th Anniversary of Peanuts' characters, featuring trumpeter Pete Fountain, Doug Kershaw & Irma Thomas.

1989 — "Be Bop Bamboozled" featuring 3-D effects.

1988 — "Something Grand" featuring 88 grand pianos, the Rockettes and Chubby Checker.

1987 — "Salute to Hollywood's 100th Anniversary".

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I didn't watch the Super Bowl but I did catch some of the commercials this morning online.

My favorites were the Oreos commercial and the Doritos commercial with the goat.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Agreed. Watching the fat, rosacea-faced geek kissing some girl for 10 seconds up close was disgusting. :xpl::xpl::xpl:

I watched a compilation on that dude the other day when the commercial leaked. I never noticed him but he is in like 60 movies/shows that we are all familiar with as a extra.

[youtube_browser]IdEBu7ODVk8[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Most of them were lame. None of them outstanding/ really funny
Budwieser/ Taco Bell the best of a mediocre bunch

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Dorito's, Audi, Taco Bell, Fiat, and the Oreo cookies were the best. The rest were pretty…. weak…

Last year's commercials were a lot better

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I just watched the goat one at least 5 times, when he scream I laugh so hard every time

Users who are viewing this thread