anybody have pics of Sumitomo HTR Z II tires???

JADITO

Crazy Mofo
Established Member
i have a question for you.
my friend is in need of tires reeeaaaaal bad but he's also short on cash , and we were wondering if anybody has bought those tires and put them on any of ur cars and waht u think of them , if u recommend them or not.

If anybody has pics of that tire in any size, could u post it up please? I wanna see how it actually looks like installed on a rim.

thanks a lot guys , ur help will be greatly appreciated.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I'm running them on all 4 corners. They're pretty good tires for the price. I'll see if I can take some pics this weekend.

Edit: Sorry man, I just realized I didn't really even answer you question. Overall, they are pretty good tires. You get good grip (dry and wet), nice long tread life and an agressive pattern. But it's when you factor in price that they become very good tires. I reccomend them if you're on a budget.

Last edited:

JADITO

Crazy Mofo
Established Member
Gringo185 said:
I'm running them on all 4 corners. They're pretty good tires for the price. I'll see if I can take some pics this weekend.

thanks , it would be nice of u to take pics.

JADITO

Crazy Mofo
Established Member
mach_cobra said:
i had those tires and hated em badly, but they leave nice remain's on the pavement:burnout:

why did u hate them? they wear fast? they dont hook well? bad braking?
Thanks for ur help

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
They will leave nice black marks on the road. I had them on my 00GT and they were horrible in the rain and they wore down fast. If your friend is in a cash crunch they are probably the best bang for the buck.

Jefe

Established Member
275/40/17 and 315/35/17. for the price you cant beat them. What car does he want to put them on? Anything with more hp than a stock GT and he'll hate them Traction is terrible. Ive got about 5k miles on mine and they still look good though. No cold traction. Summer heat is very good though for them. The 315's were like $120 each. Not bad at all!

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0806-1.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

JADITO

Crazy Mofo
Established Member
OrangeMach23 said:
They will leave nice black marks on the road. I had them on my 00GT and they were horrible in the rain and they wore down fast. If your friend is in a cash crunch they are probably the best bang for the buck.

thats what i wanna hear. real opinions , for some reason , all the reviews on tire rack made those tires sound like were the greatest tires out there

thanks bud :beer:

Jefe

Established Member
I can break these tires loose at ease and Im only making 251rwhp. My buddy with a 351rwhp GT doesnt get traction in 1st or 2nd when flooring it. Thats how bad they are for traction.

fast02gt

Established Member
how many times do people have to realize, no true street tire is going hook like a DRAG RADIAL, or SLICK...I have had the HTRZ 2's and they are ok but I mean if you wanna go drag race, you run some kind of drag tire not these.. I got great tread life ( I wasn't burning out around every corner) and they rode nice, and looked good. 03AZROUSH...those rears are the sumitomo 1 not the 2's. I would recommond them for a nice daily driver tire.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
fast02gt said:
how many times do people have to realize, no true street tire is going hook like a DRAG RADIAL, or SLICK...I have had the HTRZ 2's and they are ok but I mean if you wanna go drag race, you run some kind of drag tire not these.. I got great tread life ( I wasn't burning out around every corner) and they rode nice, and looked good. 03AZROUSH...those rears are the sumitomo 1 not the 2's. I would recommond them for a nice daily driver tire.

Yes, my friend you are correct thanks for pointing that out. You can actually get the BFG KDW's to cut a decent 60' for a street tire!

jcobra

Established Member
I have the 315s on the rear and they are fine for normal driving but they suck as far a traction goes.

MysssticGhost

Go Sooners!
Established Member
i have them on my 96 mystic and i am not real happy. i am putting out stock numbers. however when i bought the car it already had them on it and the back tires were already in need of replacing. i dont like them in the rain. they seem to give some vibration in the front. but i never had good ones on the rear so as far as traction in the rain, once they start to wear they appear to be horrible. just my .02

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Generally, if a tire can be bought for under $100 when comparable tires sell for 3 times that, it probably isn't the best tire. They are fine for what they are, but I wouldn't have very high expectations. Badass tires are expensive.

ptim

Established Member
Advertising makes products more expensive. They arent the best tires, but for the price, they will do.

jarryd2018

Established Member
i know a lot of people who run them, and i plan to get a set of the 315s when i get my rims. cant beat the price and when i race, ill run nitto DRs on my stock wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread