Anybody here from the Rouge Plant area?

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
Here is a link to the Corral where this guys says there is 400 or so Cobras sitting outside the Rouge Plant getting inspected by engineers and quality control. Someone that lives in that area please get some good quality photos, I need a new background and what could be better than a shot of at least 50 03' cobras in it. I'm sure some of you guys would be interested as well. Come on guys, help me out. TIA.

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106923

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
Somebody, anybody?

31 views and no replies??? Come on, somebody from here has to live pretty close to there. And I know I'm not the only one from here that would like to have some new 03' cobra wallpaper. Anybody?

demann

Established Member
Here they are !!!!!

This is my first post, but I suspect it will be a popular one.

They were all just sitting there, in an obscure, but visable secure parking lot. As you can see in the one picture, it looked like they were using two Cobras to block the gate. I could almost reach through the chain-link fence an touch them.

One of the other gates was wide open, but as soon as I stepped up to it, a Ford security van pulled up. So I waved at him and left to come back and post these pictures for y'all.

Interesting that they were doing something there today. I did not see anyone doing anything, but why else would they have the gate open, with security right there.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
DeMann

Snoker

Established Member
Many Thanks to Demann

Demann'

Many thanks to you for your great surveillance technique. It makes for a great Sunday after viewing your pics. If you are so inclined to let us know when the Cobras leave the lot for shipping, I know there will be many, especially myself, forever greatful.

Again, great work!

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
Do you have the "big" versions of them. I noticed the files were labeled small on the end of the name.

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
demann,

are you a GTP owner? I new a username demann there...

thank you so much for the pictures... Your camera date is a year off...

Captain to engineering... as soon as you have a lock on a Silver Convertable with a black top, Charcoal inserts and a rear spoiler beam that sucker up... Don't wait, Don't ask anybody, Don't Call me. BEAM IT UP!

Did I type that out loud?

Hey SVT, Doesn't look like you shipped them to me, you liars... I was told on the phone on the 30th that they were shipping... I guess techically he didn't say when... those bastards!

Anyone up for a little Covert Cobra Liberation Manuvers...(SVT, before you call the FBI, that was a joke.)

IRON MACHINE

Established Member
From those picts, it looks like about 15 rows deep, and maybe 11 rows wide. Thats 165 Cobras, at (at least) 390 h.p. each. You're looking at 64,350 h.p. there! Woot!:D
These picts facilitate comparisions between colors too. Now I'm second guessing my choice of silver - the mineral grey looks fantastic. Hmm........

Last edited:

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Whahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These pic's just gave me some goose pimples!!!! I can't freak'n wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Halleluia!, (sp?) OH man i can hear the blower whine now and smell the rubber burning. Thanks Demann, You are with out saying Demann. Now if you could only hijack mine and get it to me in Indy.

a94cobra

Established Member
From the window sticker of that red coupe by the fence, 16 and 22mpg. How did we end up with a gas guzzler tax?

Sammie

Established Member
AWESOME shots! Thanks for the update. The GOOD news is seeing them all together in the lot. The BAD news is seeing them all together in the lot!!

Sammie :fm:

Last edited:

demann

Established Member
One more before bed

Let's see,

First off, you are all more than welcome. Just trying to help out.

Second, to Snoker, I live a little ways north of the Rouge plant, and they have me working really long days lately, so I will probably only make it down there on the weekends. But I will keep everyone posted on what's up with the contents of that wonderful parking lot at least once on each weekend.

Third, to VintagePorscheG, no I have never owned a GTP. Must have been some other Demann. And I am embarrased about the year being off. I checked the date and time on the camera before taking it down there today, but I did not even notice that the year was wrong. (It is my wife's fault, yeah that's it.)

Forth, to CatchMeCopper, yes I do have the big versions of the pictures, they were over the 100KB size limit of this forum. If you want the originals, email me and I can send them to you.

And last but not least, here is another picture to cap off the evening.

Regards,
DeMann

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
Demann, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

You are the MAN! :thumbsup: I'm kinda late checking back on this post but man was I surprised! I really appreciate the time you took to go down there and take those photos. I think we all are. That's alot of cobras and money sitting right there in that parking lot. Its also good to see color comparisons of side by side cobras. Thanks again. Keep us posted on their progress....

Oh and send me the original large pics to [email protected].

You truly are the Demann!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
wonderful pics.. THANKS.. (and the one with the Sonic Cobra in the front is now my new background)

Users who are viewing this thread