Anybody here from the Rouge Plant area?

Cobra'03

Established Member
Nice pics!

I am disappointed that Ford seems to be doing nothing to protect the horizontal paint sections from fallout, acid rain, rail dust, sun scarring, etc! Most mfrs have vinyl appliques oon the hood roog and trunk for that purpose.

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
True,

But on the other hand, get a copy of Road and Track Magazine, they have a chart in the back where they show all thier road test numbers on cars...

Look for cars that have 1/4 mile times of 13 seconds or less and check the prices...

See how fortunate you are...

Just ship me the damn thing! Wash it, wax it and drive it like you stole it...

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
Black Cobras?

Is it just me, or did everyone else not see any black cobras on the lot. Are they on later run or there, and I just can't see them.

Sammie

Established Member
SnakeEyes87

Oh you speak the truth. I haven't seen any good pictures of a black 03. Other than "1" coming down the production line, I have not seen a good side shot of a black one.

Sammie

Black 03 Coupe!

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
After going back and looking at the pics again, it is hard to tell how many cobras are sitting there because of the width of the picture but there is at least 182 of them. From the side pic (blue coupe), they are 14 deep, from the front view they are at least 13 wide, looks to be even wider...so we can count at least 182. That's alot of cobras awaiting their happy new homes. And from what I've heard, the first batch is all sold and accounted for right? I might be in on the 2nd batch or third depending on what the dealers around here are trying to sell them for. I'm just having hard time trying to decide between sonic blue and black. Both seem to be hard to maintain colors but I guess blue would be more unique. Decisions, decisions....:D

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Isn't a black car the same as a red car, only a different color??? I got that off the net, how can you tell its altered??????

RED '03

Established Member
Great Pics DEMANN!

BUT, why is Ford using a $70,000 set of Cobras to block a driveway? Must be someone's BETTER IDEA!:idea:

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Anyone but me notice the lack of "rubber in the parking lot" no hard runs, burnouts, nothing.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Didn't someone say in another one of those negative 03 Cobra threads that they weren't building the converts until May 2003? I see lots and lots in those pictures. Woohoo!!!!!!

StreetSnake

Established Member
Thanks demann you have made a lot of peoples day including mine, at least if we cant touch them we can see them. I wonder how hard it would be for the Big Blue Oval to give the poor dumb mokes who have ordered these things and are prepared to spend 35 plus Gs at their local ford dealer a legitimate update on one of these sites, They know that Cobra jockeys aint balanced right and we just want some good info so that we can give those poor bastards over at SVT a break. Thats just my opinion I could be wrong.:lol:

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
One other thing about the black cobra above, it has been lowered by photoshop, if you look closely at the two- you can tell.

TIAMAT

Established Member
Saw one on road sunday

I swear i saw one on the road sunday in Chicago suburb. I was behind it and what caught my eye was the wing. I know for sure that it was the new cobra wing and rear end. Rims were not chrome though. Unless someone already sells the wing, but it was the the new cobra. The only problem was the exhaust was really quiet. Didn't sound like the 01's. Had some kind of blue plates. It was red so i could tell it was the unique new rear valence. Guy tore away from the light but i was too far back from him to hear the supercharger. I ordered a Mach 1 and now i will go through the same depression stage before it comes. Hope ypurs come soon.

Black Cobra

Established Member
One other thing about the black cobra above, it has been lowered by photoshop, if you look closely at the two- you can tell

Your're right! Now that I look at it closer....the Black version doesn't have a fuel door, has larger exhaust pipe extensions and has the reflection on the floor. Whoever did it....did a pretty good job.

Users who are viewing this thread