Anybody planning on getting a Raptor?

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
Bingo!

You just made me figure out whats ugly about this truck other than the grill.

5.5 ft beds are ugly on Ex Cab trucks, just like 6.5 ft beds are ugly on Crews, and 8 ft beds are ugly on any cab configuration.

Give me either a regular car or Ex cab with a 6.5 ft bed FTW!

BTW running boards on a factory O/R racer truck makes me lol.

I thought so too, until we had to get in/out of a Raptor all weekend in the sand. The running boards are unique in that they have holes in them to let the sand out. Either way, they worked really well...as did the front skid plate. :rockon:

glenner

glenner
Established Member
I also ordered the low rider fiber glass cover painted to match the Raptor gave the dealership the deposit it is ordered. Looking forward to driving it in 10 weeks. I got every option but orange seat inserts and a bed extender.

qachargh

Established Member
I really want to get one. I will certainly need to work some overtime to put a decent down payment on a 6.2 when they come out next year. My SVTF just needs to last till I can get one without a hideous markup and after I have seen Ford workout the teething problems that happen to every new motor. I may end waiting until the '11 models start shipping so I can pick up a '10 model for a decent discount.

dajohu

Established Member
This truck is so ugly what are you all seeing??

Lol, I like everything about it!!! The hood, the side vents, the fenders, the grill, wheel/tire combo, the aggressive look of it plus all of the suspension work. I won't even comment on the vehicles in your sig.:xpl: Kinda pointless becuase one person's opinion of someone elses vehicle truely does not matter.

Let's just say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

MiamiSnake

Established Member
Lol, I like everything about it!!! The hood, the side vents, the fenders, the grill, wheel/tire combo, the aggressive look of it plus all of the suspension work. I won't even comment on the vehicles in your sig.:xpl: Kinda pointless becuase one person's opinion of someone elses vehicle truely does not matter.

Let's just say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Well you are one of the very few that think my Supra is :xpl: since any car show I go to I get flooded by people sweating it:)

Jroc

Established Member
Well you are one of the very few that think my Supra is :xpl: since any car show I go to I get flooded by people sweating it:)

Well you are one of the very few who doesn't think a Raptor is a badass truck, and needs to ask why people would desire one.

dajohu

Established Member

I know. I wasn't trying to offend, I just wanted to make a point that everyone see's something differently through thier own eyes. I also hate vipers and vettes, I really think those two cars are so freaking wierd looking that I don't care how fast or powerful they are I wouldn't ever own one. I love the really old and the newest mustangs (but not from about 75-2004 models), latest camaros, challengers, but hate the newer chargers - so I don't dislike all cars or like just one make/model.

I read on another forum that a guy entered a really nice mustang GT/CS in a car show and also his stock Raptor just for the hell of it. The mustang lost in it's class and the Raptor scored 2nd place. One of the vehicles the mustang lost to was a PT cruiser:dw: I can't see how that could happen, but apparently a bunch of others did.

Last edited:

rexisme

Established Member
I know. I wasn't trying to offend, I just wanted to make a point that everyone see's something differently through thier own eyes. I also hate vipers and vettes, I really think those two cars are so freaking wierd looking that I don't care how fast or powerful they are I wouldn't ever own one. I love the really old and the newest mustangs (but not from about 75-2004 models), latest camaros, challengers, but hate the newer chargers - so I don't dislike all cars or like just one make/model.

I read on another forum that a guy entered a really nice mustang GT/CS in a car show and also his stock Raptor just for the hell of it. The mustang lost in it's class and the Raptor scored 2nd place. One of the vehicles the mustang lost to was a PT cruiser:dw: I can't see how that could happen, but apparently a bunch of others did.

You read that on a raptor specific forum. If you think they are so ugly then why the **** are you trolling them?

frydguy79

Established Member
i have delivered a few of them and have 2 in stock, and have a couple more sold orders getting built

great truck for work or play

04SVT-L

Established Member
well i went and test drove a raptor the other day and i loved the thing. i would def buy it but id like to drive the 6.2 before i bought the one with the 5.4l

dajohu

Established Member
You read that on a raptor specific forum. If you think they are so ugly then why the **** are you trolling them?

Huh??? That was someone else that thinks they are ungly, not me, I love mine!

qachargh

Established Member
Anybody know if you can shift the auto manually? I have been trying to find one to test drive but the only dealer around me sold it a few weeks back. I want to know how the transission feels and how much tire/wind noise there is.

dajohu

Established Member
Not really, you can only fully control 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear. 4, 5, and 6 are automatically controlled in drive only.

04SVT-L

Established Member
Anybody know if you can shift the auto manually? I have been trying to find one to test drive but the only dealer around me sold it a few weeks back. I want to know how the transission feels and how much tire/wind noise there is.

yea you can only shift 123 on the column. trans shifts great and there is no noise. it did not ride like a a truck at all, esp a lifted truck. rode very smooth and handled great

Users who are viewing this thread