Anybody regret selling their first car?

Makarov

i had an 06 mustang gt premium as a first car, sold it and just recently could afford to get it as a third car....searched all over and found it totaled in orlando
made me pretty sad
Aw damn lol. Thats what in afraid of if i sell my first car. Im debating on it because i want a 80's or 90's bmw or mercedes but i love my volvo lol

Please don't revive old threads. Here's the bumped thread.
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/anybody-regret-selling-their-first-car.974920/

Last edited by a moderator:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
If I had the space, I would have saved all my past Mustangs.

My first car was a 1981 Mustang. 200ci straight 6 with a 4 speed. It was a demo car at a Ford Dealership that my father used to work at as the Service Manager. It was fully loaded and in super clean shape.
Black hatchback with red pinstripe
4 speed
Red leather (not vinyl)
Power windows
T Tops
TRX wheels (can you even buy tires for those anymore?)
Sport steering wheel

My father and I took all the emissions stuff off and played with the timing etc and it was pretty peppy and a ball to drive.
Wish I could find a pic, she was a cherry.

I eventually moved up to a clean 89 notch with a 302 and 5 speed.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
I still have mine- it was my first car, paid for it all myself, and have a lot of history with it. Its a V6/auto, but with the supercharger and E-85 it runs nice. I just replaced the transmission, but am battling a vacuum leak between the eaton and intake. I always heard from the older guys how they regret seling their first car, and I said I wouldnt make that mistake. Since then Ive had many many different cars, and really only miss 1 that I sold (an 87 crown vic). But Every time I drive this car, I smile and remember where its taken me.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Is there an easy way to track down your past cars? I sold mine in 2010. I have the VIN, but no way else to contact the guy who bought it. I would love to buy my old 00 mustang gt back.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Do I regret selling a 2 owner 1964 1/2 Mustang in wimbledon white with a hi-po d-code V8? oh no, not at all.....:nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono:

Awesome car right there - but D code was not a hipo - D code in 64 was a 210 hp V8. K-code was the hipo - solid lifter 271hp 289.

I loved my first car - 1988 GT hatch 5-speed. It was 3 years old with 32k on it. Paid $7500 for it and financed most of that. My first debt/credit building experience. Didn't mod it much besides the mandatory Flowmaster system from Summit. It got me hooked on Mustangs. But over the years I replaced it with nicer Mustangs. I will always remember it but wouldn't want it back. My 2014 GT and '66 coupe are my keepers.

One car I would do almost anything to have back...my father's first new car - 1968 LTD 2-door. Presidential Blue with a black vinyl roof and white pinstripe - 390 C6 2bbl - hide-away headlights - front discs. Had the optional mag-style Ford hubcaps with the red centers. It was a very cool full-size 2-door. I drove it to college and loved it to death. Actually pulled 20 mpg on the highway if you kept your foot out of it. Stainless duals and glass packs made it a hoot to drive. Rode like a dream on the coil spring setup.

Last edited:

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
old computer 269.jpg
Take shelter.
Lol, he dug deep for this one. Here's mine!

TaraFirma

Established Member
I've heard "Wish I never sold my first Mustang" so many times, I've decided to keep mine for the long term. I've had my 88 GT since 1992. Since then I've had many other mustangs, to include cobras and a GT500 and my now GT350.

CV355

_
Established Member
'90 Mustang LX 2.3l

Did not regret selling it at the time, but wish I had kept it and restored it. Thing had no power whatsoever but the interior was 10/10. It still had the factory plastic over the seats, carpet was never touched, etc.

In retrospect, I didn't really need the $1300 that bad. Should have just kept it.

trxcobra

Established Member
+1 for still having their first car/mustang. Never selling it! Came very close after I bought my old supra. As soon as I got a strong offer I knew instantly that I would regret that decision

Cobra.jpg

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Uh, no.

My first car was a '72 Ford Pinto, brown w/a tan naugahyde interior. Need I say more?
Lol. Mine was a 65 VW that had been a high-school shop class science experiment. Neighbor gave it to my dad for me if we would just get it out of his driveway. We got it running. I drove it for six months. Cracked block, leaked oil like crazy, no reverse gear. I sold it to a friend for $150 which was the value of the 8 track and speakers. It caught fire three days after he bought it. I had TOLD him to check. the. oil. every. day.

Users who are viewing this thread