Anybody running a VMP Gen 3 and their new TBs?

shelbygt500hoss

Established Member
I’m curious to see some numbers, if anyone has got a hold of one. What setups you running with it, and overall performance. I was about to swing a Gen 2r but that Gen 3 is starting to look really nice, being able to run a 3.0 pulley and make the similar power you would with 2.4 on a Gen 2r is interesting

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I think Alejandro Flores (Yolo) recently trapped 150mph this past weekend while doing some r&d with the VMP gen 3 and Lund tuning before the axles let go. These new blowers have certainly gotten that much more efficient!!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I think Alejandro Flores (Yolo) recently trapped 150mph this past weekend while doing some r&d with the VMP gen 3 and Lund tuning before the axles let go. These new blowers have certainly gotten that much more efficient!!

Oh, these things look insane. I was on the fence about just getting a Trinity TVS and calling it a day... but these blowers look like they have just a TON of potential. Guys with built and cammed GT500s are going to have an absolute monster on their hands.

I feel bad for Alex, grenaded his S197 rear end. Sold it and bought the red S550. Now he blew both axles, the differential AND the transmission? Lmao, he needs to buy a GT500 and be done with it. :D

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I got the 2.8, but may eventually go to a 3.0 since we only have 91 octane in the Phoenix area.. I actually just got it today (the pulley)

Ordered one this afternoon. I was running 17lbs on my 2.4 gen II w/ headers on 91 tune. Hoping 2.8 will be OK.

shelbygt500hoss

Established Member
They are for sure, I’ve been waiting for more GT500 videos with them. See what combos people are going to run with it and numbers. The only video I could find so far was just the one that VMP did lol

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh, these things look insane. I was on the fence about just getting a Trinity TVS and calling it a day... but these blowers look like they have just a TON of potential. Guys with built and cammed GT500s are going to have an absolute monster on their hands.

I feel bad for Alex, grenaded his S197 rear end. Sold it and bought the red S550. Now he blew both axles, the differential AND the transmission? Lmao, he needs to buy a GT500 and be done with it. :D
If you buy TVS I can get a Gen3 lol.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
When you guys get around to installing these, I'd like a little more detail on the what needs to be clearenced on the intake manifold. Justin mentioned something about this on one of the videos I've seen, but I'm not sure what it entails.

Totalpkg

Established Member
Cleveland,OH, USA or Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The coolant tower needs to be milled down. VMP includes the drill tool. Took 3-5mins to do.

When you guys get around to installing these, I'd like a little more detail on the what needs to be clearenced on the intake manifold. Justin mentioned something about this on one of the videos I've seen, but I'm not sure what it entails.

Attachments

• IMG_20180509_161857_1526247448888.jpg
    IMG_20180509_161857_1526247448888.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 420

KENS96M6

Established Member
To my knowledge they have not released any 173 TBs.
I personally will be going 4.0L Whipple but the TVS2650 has a ton of potential.
-J
Not trying to hijack but what is your thinking involving the pick of 4.0 Whipple as opposed to the TVS2650? I will be purchasing a new blower soon and I am trying to make the right choice? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread