Anybody running higher compression pistons?

DMotorsports

Established Member
Just wondering if anybody that's done a built engine on here went with a higher compression than stock. I know that the higher comp ratio limits how much boost you can run on pump gas. Just curious if anyone has done it. I think the flat tops available with MMR builds increases it to 9.5:1.

I'm thinking about doing this if/when I ever do a built motor. As made obvious by the 5.0, the increased compression really increases the horsepower potential. Not that this is a new concept. The only catch would be I'd have to run a lower boost conservative tune for pump gas, but with race fuel imagine the possibilities.

Van@RevanRacing

Just wondering if anybody that's done a built engine on here went with a higher compression than stock. I know that the higher comp ratio limits how much boost you can run on pump gas. Just curious if anyone has done it. I think the flat tops available with MMR builds increases it to 9.5:1.

I'm thinking about doing this if/when I ever do a built motor. As made obvious by the 5.0, the increased compression really increases the horsepower potential. Not that this is a new concept. The only catch would be I'd have to run a lower boost conservative tune for pump gas, but with race fuel imagine the possibilities.

9.5:1 Custom Diamond/L&M Pistons
Billet Oliver Rods
Ferrea Valves
ARP 2000 Hardware Throughout
Kenne Bell 3.6 LC
Return Style Fuel System on E-85
166 LB injectors
Aluminum Block
L&M Custom Grind Cams
Ported Heads
2" Long Tube Headers

1028 RWHP at 20.7 LBS of Boost and 23 degrees of timing with 800 plus ft lbs of torque.

You don't need race gas all the time. (E-85 is basically pump race gas) You just need the right set up and the people with the knowledge and those that have done it before.

Revan Racing, Lund Racing, L&M Engines.

Users who are viewing this thread