anybody running the MRT H pipe?

RedlineHP

Established Member
I know there is a thread about getting an h pipe made, but this company makes one, so...
Anybody got any feedback on these pipes. I'm thinking about running an offroad version.

TheNightStalker

Established Member
I have the O/R MRT H Pipe on with Corsa Touring Axle Backs both are in the box in my room right now. They go on the car this weekend I hope.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Kinda expensive for a catless H .....

Far that amount of money if u currently have a off road x u can by a gt H pipe from jegs for 145 and cut the H out and have it welded in... And you'll still be saving lots of cash....

Hopefully some vendors read the other thread and get a jig going for a affordable H....

RedlineHP

Established Member
I have the O/R MRT H Pipe on with Corsa Touring Axle Backs both are in the box in my room right now. They go on the car this weekend I hope.

Cool, let us know how everything goes with this install and if you could post some pics of the MRT pipe.

Robertt305.
yes the pipe is pricey for an off-road H, but as of right now what other options due we have. It is made of 304 stainless,(the good stuff) if that helps. If this one is of good quailty and fits right, it may go on my wish list.

I really don't want to go down the cut one to try and fab another route. I don't have access to the lift or the equipment.

Yes, a affordable H pipe made of 409 stainless would be great.:beer:

jtn83

Established Member
True but this is one of our biggest problems, we just settle for whatever is available.

I hate having to settle because it's our only choice. MRT just has the market cornered. I wish it wasn't made out of 304 - I'm sure it's a GREAT pipe but, it's overkill. The stock system uses 409, and it is more then adequate. What they're charging for an O/R version is almost high flow catted pricing for more GT pipes. Hopefully the guys in the other thread will be able to produce some pipes under MRT's pricing, we'll just have to wait and see. As much as I want an O/R H, I can't justify paying that much for MRT's.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I'm currently shopping for a H pipe for my GT500. MRT does have the market cornered at this time. How much louder is a high flow cat versus the stock cat? It's crazy paying 425.00 for an O/R H pipe when the high flow catted version is only 100.00 more. Where is the logic in their pricing?

Anyone have this mid pipe yet?

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I had the MRT O/R H on my stock manifold and love the sound... GT500 owners compliment my cars sound all the time ...

Today I had Dynatech headers installed and modified my H to fit them.. All I can say is wow.

Music to my ears. I never want to get off the throttle due to the beautiful rumble and gargle... I'll have some before and after videos later this after noon...

By the way here is a before video at idle

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WTKhU4VnhY&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - GT500 Exhaust[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwbRL4t-W80&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - GT500 dyno pull[/nomedia]

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Robert:

1. Did you notice a drop in low end torque when you deleted the cats?

2. Did it make a big difference in volume by deleting the cats?

3. What improvement in sound did the long tubes give?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Robert:

1. Did you notice a drop in low end torque when you deleted the cats?

2. Did it make a big difference in volume by deleting the cats?

3. What improvement in sound did the long tubes give?

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Here you go... Dynatech long tubes hooked up to modified MRT O/R H pipe....

f2b57c96.jpg

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpNoUmxPuBE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - Gt500 dyno 2[/nomedia]

497rwhp on the mustang dyno at 10.5 lbs of boost on the stock blower..

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I was curious about other things concerning the MRT H pipe, so I decided to ask a few questions via email to the manufacturer. I will quote my questions, and their replies.

Hello,

I have a few questions about your MRT catted H pipe for the 2009 Shelby GT500 Item# 93a600.

1. Who is the manufacturer of the catalytic converters used in your midpipe?

2. What material are the catalytic converters manufactured in? Metallic stainless or ceramic?

3. Why is the non catted version (item#93a601) only 100.00 less than the catted version?

Normally, a non catted midpipe is half the price of its catted version due to the cost of the cats themselves.

Thanks for your time, and I'm highly considering the purchase of your H pipe for my GT500.

Just want to make sure it's premium material and will flow much better than the OEM cats.

Thanks,

Troy Warren

First reply

Hello Troy, the catalysts are made to MRT specifications, we have both ceramic loaded cats and metal substrate cats (for off road). We do make a non catted version for race...all systems are mandrel bent, 304 stainless steel. These systems produce the best sound. performance and value. I am sure you will enjoy yours.

second question

so are the catalysts on the H pipe for the GT500 ceramic or metallic? I require metallic for my application. 650HP+

second reply

The standard system is ceramic, we can assemble a system for you with the Metalic system (we do this on request) The cost is approx $100 more for the metalic system (cost of the catalysts). Please let us know if you would like a set built...it takes approx 2 weeks to process the special order.

Are they serious? They want another 100.00 over the already high cost of 525.00 for metallic cats, SERIOUSLY?

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Lol... It is a rip off but Whatever... I didn't buy an X for my long tubes, I just modified the H so Atleast I re used my previous mid pipe and saved a few $$

It is a great looking mid pipe in person though

Users who are viewing this thread