anybody suffer from insomnia?

nxhappy

Established Member
yea I will definitely talk to my doctor. Right now life is a bit stressful with the business and the usual shit. I definitely need to get my ass to the gym haha. It might make me sleep better if I work out every night.

cbj5259

Established Member
I work exclusively at night so I've had to retrain my body to sleep during the day. I use melatonin and I've set up a diffuser in the bedroom and use a few drops of lavender oil. I get a solid 6-7 hours now everyday.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
yea I will definitely talk to my doctor. Right now life is a bit stressful with the business and the usual shit. I definitely need to get my ass to the gym haha. It might make me sleep better if I work out every night.
2 things.
Maybe the stress from the business and usual shit is wearing you down.
Also,...try not to workout closer to bedtime as it will do the opposite of help you fall asleep. If you can do it earlier in the day, the better.
Good luck man!

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
. Maybe about a month ago my father had me try CBD oil (marijuana derivative) and I wasn't as stressed, depressed, and the anxiety was gone.

That is an extract directly from Cannabis , and is a strain in itself , that has no THC .
CBD is usually for people with some form of seizures .

For sleep , I recommend a nice Indica .
Great REM sleep , no drowsiness upon waking .
I would suggest a strong will , as ice cream or chocolates might be more desirable .
2 bong hits , 30 minutes before bed or as needed for sleep .
Sativa in the morning ,again at lunch if you suffer from chronic pain .

I personally only use outdoor harvests .
Absolutely no pesticides , nor chemical fertilization.
A much better taste and aroma ,
Makes great edibles .

nxhappy

Established Member
. Maybe about a month ago my father had me try CBD oil (marijuana derivative) and I wasn't as stressed, depressed, and the anxiety was gone.

That is an extract directly from Cannabis , and is a strain in itself , that has no THC .
CBD is usually for people with some form of seizures .

For sleep , I recommend a nice Indica .
Great REM sleep , no drowsiness upon waking .
I would suggest a strong will , as ice cream or chocolates might be more desirable .
2 bong hits , 30 minutes before bed or as needed for sleep .
Sativa in the morning ,again at lunch if you suffer from chronic pain .

I personally only use outdoor harvests .
Absolutely no pesticides , nor chemical fertilization.
A much better taste and aroma ,
Makes great edibles .
that's what I need. A nice Indica :)

nxhappy

Established Member
2 things.
Maybe the stress from the business and usual shit is wearing you down.
Also,...try not to workout closer to bedtime as it will do the opposite of help you fall asleep. If you can do it earlier in the day, the better.
Good luck man!
yea...about 6pm would be my gym sesh

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I've kind of wondered if I have a sleeping disorder or I just store energy differently. I can get a normal nights sleep if I decide too, and can get on a regiment for a length of time. But I work for myself and don't have any real set schedule, also doesn't usually require a great deal of effort on my part so I'm not exhausted.

It wasn't until I got a fitbit and started seeing the sleep records that I thought I needed to make an effort. I was staying up until 6-7 am and getting up at 9-11am. Sometimes I would miss a whole night, and when it would really catch up to me I would sleep from like 7am to 3pm. I feel it when I'm up past 24 hours but I can push through into the 30's and still seem ok to other people. I catch these winds of energy around 11-12 am that can take me through a whole night no problem. Past couple weeks I've been on a normal schedule, I think I've even been averaging close to 8 hours a night.

My sleep quality is good when I get it. I'm thin, 30, healthy, eat nutritional food, not hooked on caffeine.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I'm only 22 but I had insomnia from 14-18. Luckily after that it simply went away. Now I sleep like a rock but I wake up more tired then when I went to bed.

Last edited:

Spudz

Established Member
Something that worked for me that you could try is white noise. I had issues when I was younger with falling asleep and hitting REM. And then on a whim I started using a stand fan that produces a good drone to try and drown some of that out.

Since I started using a fan I've had no issues, save for when I stupidly drink caffeine way to late or take a nap at a bad time.

One of the easier solutions to try, I'd say, and it doesn't involve meds and such.

nxhappy

Established Member
Something that worked for me that you could try is white noise. I had issues when I was younger with falling asleep and hitting REM. And then on a whim I started using a stand fan that produces a good drone to try and drown some of that out.

Since I started using a fan I've had no issues, save for when I stupidly drink caffeine way to late or take a nap at a bad time.

One of the easier solutions to try, I'd say, and it doesn't involve meds and such.
yea in the summer time I sleep with a fan

Zemedici

Established Member
I've kind of wondered if I have a sleeping disorder or I just store energy differently. I can get a normal nights sleep if I decide too, and can get on a regiment for a length of time. But I work for myself and don't have any real set schedule, also doesn't usually require a great deal of effort on my part so I'm not exhausted.

It wasn't until I got a fitbit and started seeing the sleep records that I thought I needed to make an effort. I was staying up until 6-7 am and getting up at 9-11am. Sometimes I would miss a whole night, and when it would really catch up to me I would sleep from like 7am to 3pm. I feel it when I'm up past 24 hours but I can push through into the 30's and still seem ok to other people. I catch these winds of energy around 11-12 am that can take me through a whole night no problem. Past couple weeks I've been on a normal schedule, I think I've even been averaging close to 8 hours a night.

My sleep quality is good when I get it. I'm thin, 30, healthy, eat nutritional food, not hooked on caffeine.

what do you do? Just curious.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I've been fighting with it for a while now too.. Green has worked for me in the past, so has booze lol. Usually if I can fill myself completely full of sleepy time tea, it will slow me down enough to sleep and it keeps me out, which is something I've been struggling with lately.

Zemedici

Established Member
I've been fighting with it for a while now too.. Green has worked for me in the past, so has booze lol. Usually if I can fill myself completely full of sleepy time tea, it will slow me down enough to sleep and it keeps me out, which is something I've been struggling with lately.

See booze has the opposite effect on me. Tanya and I went out to the bar on Saturday, I had 3 drinks, and was up til 3am (we got back at 12:30) and I woke up at 5:30. One of the reasons I only drink like twice a year. Hahahah

Users who are viewing this thread