Anyoe use the Torco fuel additive in place of race gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lx347cid

Established Member
It states Mix a 32oz can of Torco Accelerator to 10 gallons of 91 Premium Unleaded to make an efficient 102 octane race gas, mix with 5 gallons of premium unleaded to make whopping 105 Octane.
Just wondering if anyone had had success with this?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
It has been arguably proven that the highest octane that can be achieved with Torco is 101 octane. This can be achieved by using 5 gallons of 93 pump octane with a single 32 ounce can of Torco. Any increased concentration will not result in an increase in octane levels.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
what he said, but I'm going to call that 1-2 points on the conservative side, yes I have seen all the data.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Im glad where I live there is a gas station with a direct nozzle 110 pump(leaded) for only $5.50 a gallon :-D

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Up until 2 years ago it was only $3.69 per gallon and then the stupid ricers found out about it.

04Sonic

Established Member
Yes it is great stuff and works if you plan on running 19psi + on the street. Keep in mind though if not a daily driver there is no substitute for good fuel like 109 unleaded, for us NE guys not many places for E85. :bored:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I wouldn't put Torco in my lawnmower!

Bad news for valves, valve guides, plugs, etc....

04Sonic

Established Member
I wouldn't put Torco in my lawnmower!

Bad news for valves, valve guides, plugs, etc....

It does not hurt plugs all it does it turn them rust and make them hard to read track side. C16 is not the best for valves and seats either. I have over 40 passes on my stock block with zero issues. :coolman:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
It does not hurt plugs all it does it turn them rust and make them hard to read track side. C16 is not the best for valves and seats either. I have over 40 passes on my stock block with zero issues. :coolman:
I'm sure you do. I'm just saying I would never personally run it in anything that I own. I have been around the race scene for too many years to try some "Mix Additive" to try to increase octane. Too many variables to consider. The effects I have seen in tear downs are not pretty and don't recommend it.

C16 is very harsh as well, you are correct. It will rust out the inside of galvanized steel pipes in a heartbeat and will kill O2 sensors as well. It also takes it's toll on valves and aluminum. I would spray WD-40 in the cylinders or run a tank of pump gas after running it to help minimize this. (If I were to run it)

I fully understand wanting more octane and being able to run more boost/timing. I would just go about it a different way thats all. :beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
To my knowledge, there is no evidence that the use of Torco has caused premature engine damage/failure. Don't really think it's fair to jumble all "mix additives" into one group. Technology in this area has certainly improved significantly over the past 10 years.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Dude your clueless................:dw:
I guess thats what 20+ years of racing and building motors does. :shrug:

Great addition to the thread BTW. Full of facts and experience from you. :rollseyes:kaboom:

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
i for one believe what u say is true 04sleeper. this is no doubt ur a pretty major player in the cobra game imo. can't wait to get e85 near me !!!!!!!

scotmach

Established Member

Great addition to the thread BTW. Full of facts and experience from you. :rollseyes:kaboom:

Been using Torco for years with zero issues, that's first hand experience. No issues with valves or valve guides. Sure once in awhile one has to change plugs. Been also building motors and racing for 20+ years.

Last edited:

BWH2003

Established Member

If you have research on the subject please share it. I'm not doubting either of you but you two really didn't show anything one way or another that would prove torco is shit. If you have a test you did and/or pictures to go with it then I would be more convinced. So far though I have used it personally a few times and it seemed to work its magic with no known side effects to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread