Anyoe use the Torco fuel additive in place of race gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
If you have research on the subject please share it. I'm not doubting either of you but you two really didn't show anything one way or another that would prove torco is shit. If you have a test you did and/or pictures to go with it then I would be more convinced. So far though I have used it personally a few times and it seemed to work its magic with no known side effects to this day.
The build up of Maganese in the cylinders and on plugs causes hot spots over time. This is caused by the MMT or (Methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl). These hot spots can actually cause pre-ignition. The build up of deposits doesn't stop with the heads either. It continues into the exhaust and will build up in catalytic converters and clog them over time as well. This has been proven time and time again in tests even with small amounts in regular gasoline. (Not the heavy amounts used in Torco. Torco adds even more of MMT to your gas because it is the main ingredient used in Torco.) You can look up all the info yourself if you care to. :read:

Here is an example:
4096576864_5114a22c70_o.jpg

This is compelling enough for me to steer clear and go with a better "Cleaner" fuel to start out with.

Cheers. :beer:

You and thousands of others.
Then thousands of others have their engines looking like this when they pull them apart!

Sorry, No Torco for me!

dsfelton

KB Powered!
Established Member
I do agree that MMT is bad for your motor, but I don't think that torco contains MMT. I found a link that RWTD posted a few years back and it said that torco contains a blend of light petroleum distillate,cas#8000-61.9. Which contains benzene, cas*71-43-2 at 0.1 to 4.9%. May also contain a proprietary multifunctional additive and/or methyl tertiary butyl ether (mtbe) cas*1634-04-0-4.

Here is the link I was talking about. Scroll to the bottom to see RWTD's post.
Torco Race Fuel Concentrate? - Page 2 - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums

Take what you want from it.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Nice find Sleeper. For limited track only-style consumption, I don't believe that this type of corrosion will occur. I've checked my plugs after using Torco at the race track for a few drag sessions and other than the reddish tint, the plugs look excellent. Now, if Torco were to be used on a regular basis in a daily driver, be interesting to see the long term effects. There are tuners that put higher octane/Torco street tunes on their client's handhelds which would result in consistent Torco usage.....

Last edited:

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I've used 2-3 cans per full tank of gas for 5k miles no problems. Even sending the mixture through my whipple with the wet shot. I just don't concentrate the mixture more than 1 can per 5 gallons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread