Anyone cringe at the sight of nice cars in winter weather driving ?

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
I did a cross country trip up north with my GTO once. Saw lots of pretty nice cars covered in snow, dirt, and salt. Talked with a guy with a nice Rosso Fiorano F430 at the gas station, where his car was covered in snow. Just talked a bit and pretty much lol'd at anyone who puts their car in the garage for the winter.

But hey? It's your car, do what you want with it :shrug:

Yes it's my car, and I sure as hell don't want it to rust out after 19 years of being rust free.

I LOL at his dumb ass, because his truck sure as hell is going to have more rust on it in 4 to 6 years than a muscle car that's been sitting behind someones house neglected for 30 years in California, or the South.

Of course if he's rich and replaces trucks every 4 years then I guess it doesn't matter. Some people have zero common sense, and zero respect for their money.

Coiled03

Established Member
Cringe? No, I don't cringe.

I choose not to drive my car in the winter, but it doesn't bother me if others do.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I bought my 01 cobra new and drove it for 6 winters in Chicago until I got a DD. Last winter on DR's. Never got stuck and never lost control.

Still have it and the body is perfect but kinda rusty underneath. Not really too bad though. I'll be keeping this car forever and will be repainting the entire undercarriage this winter.

May93

Established Member
Most of these people won't have the car long enough to worry about it rusting out. They drive them year round and trade them in a few years later. Sometimes I wonder who enjoys their cars the most. Is it those who drive them everyday or individuals (myself included) who keep them garaged most of the year just to later sell them in search of our next garage queen? My 90 GT was my year round driver and it was that car I remember having the most fun in.

xenodragon

Established Member
I love the people from California and Florida commenting....you guys come live here and drive your "nice" cars in this crap weather and see how fast your opinion changes.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
They salt the shit out of the roads by me. I don't drive my sports cars in the winter solely for resale purposes. I also won't buy one that has been driven in salt.

But what someone else does with their money is no business of mine.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Hell no, I give them props for driving it!

My 89 hatchback 4 cylinder was having issues, and I was about to have to drive my freshly detailed, clean 03 Cobra on the shitty roads, probably in the snow. Of course I didnt want to, but at the end of the day its still a mustang, and its still a car.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
If you come into a winter sucks\ driving in salt\ whatever thread just to tell us how you don't have to deal with salt or how you drive all year long, your being a troll.

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
Yes it's my car, and I sure as hell don't want it to rust out after 19 years of being rust free.

I LOL at his dumb ass, because his truck sure as hell is going to have more rust on it in 4 to 6 years than a muscle car that's been sitting behind someones house neglected for 30 years in California, or the South.

Of course if he's rich and replaces trucks every 4 years then I guess it doesn't matter. Some people have zero common sense, and zero respect for their money.

It's an F430, so therefore, Ferrari.

I love the people from California and Florida commenting....you guys come live here and drive your "nice" cars in this crap weather and see how fast your opinion changes.
Lived out in Ft. Bliss Texas during my military years. Daily drove a 96 Cobra and still didn't give two shits :shrug:

charged351

Established Member
Cringe, no. Envy a little yes! Saw a GTR rolling around last week in the snow/slush that we have up here. I thought hey, with some good tires I bet that thing does alright in the snow.

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
It doesnt bother me at all, I drive my 35K mile Cobra everyday and the wife drives the 67K mile Lightning everyday. Cars are meant to be driven, keep em waxed/sealed and it will be fine. I understand garage queens/weekend cars/race cars but don't understand why some people freak out over daily driving a nice car.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
It's an F430, so therefore, Ferrari.

No it's not a Ferrari, but you probably have never in your life cut floor pans out, and welded quarter panels on a car that's been rusted out. Then blocked and painted the damn thing. Let's not forget you have to replace all the other pieces on the car that can't survive a sand/media blast.

I have plenty of times. Ignorance is bliss. That's why people up north go down south, or to California to buy classics.

Anytime I buy a classic I have to inspect it for idiot abuse. The type caused by people like you who say, oh it ain't got murch rust... hur hur hur hur.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Hose.gif

Problem solved

Users who are viewing this thread