Anyone cringe at the sight of nice cars in winter weather driving ?

hey11101

Established Member
I recently saw 2013gt500 driving around in slush here around Chicago land area and for me personally it was painful to watch(if I had it would be stored). This got me thinking do you guys feel the same way? I kinda see both sides of the point of view that people pay for the car it is up to them to do what you want with the car aka drive it in winter and so on. Life is short and winter eats a lot of time but with that being said it's still kinda sad to see nice more rare cars like (cobras,srt-8, gtrs, etc) in winter conditions. To me I just feel like you can't use 400-600hp in snow so whats the point? not even talking about rust, rock chips or other people on the road. I rather have it covered in a garage and when you take the covers off it is that much more special to drive it because you have not driven it a while or seen it so it is like a new car every year. :pop:

Last edited:

bmyles

Established Member
Lol I seen a srt8 challenger 392 at the gas station the other day and the roads around here are terrible. I noticed he had a set of winter tires on the srt wheels, probably could have had a beater for what they cost.

GT/CS 2013

SVT Poster
Established Member
We see this all the time and it makes me wonder why they even bought the car, thats why I have a winter car.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Hopefully they total them. When demand overcomes supply it makes them worth more. I like to buy and sell. Hard to make a buck on dime a dozen cars unless you like making 1-500 per car on Craigslist. No thanks.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
I'm just glad I don't live up north. You can tell a northern car the second you look underneath of it. I would never drive a nice car on salted roads. They rust so quickly and that is the biggest deal breaker with me buying a car. No rust.

A couple winters and the car is ruined

Last edited:

TERMINATED97

Established Member
Crazy I just saw this thread. Today I was driving and saw a teal 93 cobra...full of salt. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Well I'm going to have drive my mustang through the snow unfortunately to get it back home from the shop. Oh well at least it was inside the shop during the snow storm.

hey11101

Established Member
Cobras and Mustangs in general are not rare. I think that is the point he is making.

Cobras are not rare but when you compare them to mass produced car like lets say Cruze LT( which I dd when the weather is shitty) it starts to seem like they are more limited in number. They are not close to exotic number but since they are more "special" I would think they deserve some kind better treatment.

Last edited:

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
Crazy I just saw this thread. Today I was driving and saw a teal 93 cobra...full of salt. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Get over it. It's a Mustang.

Last I checked, cars were meant to be driven...

This.

Lol these cars aren't hand built exotics.

lol that ^

Well last I checked I didn't want my mustang turning into a rustbucket. Cars were not mean't to be driven through salt. I hate Kansas weather, and salt.
I did a cross country trip up north with my GTO once. Saw lots of pretty nice cars covered in snow, dirt, and salt. Talked with a guy with a nice Rosso Fiorano F430 at the gas station, where his car was covered in snow. Just talked a bit and pretty much lol'd at anyone who puts their car in the garage for the winter.

I couldn't give two shits if I get crucified for putting 500k miles, driving the shit out of a brand new Ford GT signed by the entire SVT team themselves. It's a car I bought, and you're damn well know I'm going to be driving it and not let it sit to be a garage queen for its entire life.

But hey? It's your car, do what you want with it :shrug:

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Well last I checked I didn't want my mustang turning into a rustbucket. Cars were not mean't to be driven through salt. I hate Kansas weather, and salt.

If cars weren't meant to be driven through salt, why are there roads up there?

Think about it.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
No cringe here. And yes I'm fully aware what salt does to a car. My 66 coupe came from Colorado and it needs full floor panel replacement. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread