Anyone drive to St. Louis for an Apten??

Grey03

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone has driven to St. Louis and had Apten install one of their ported blowers? I would like to do this, but wanted to get some feedback from people who have actually been there. How much does it cost and how long does it take? Or is there a Apten approved vendor closer to Ohio? Hey Brian if you want to chime in, that would be greatly appreciated also :beer: !!

Thanks

Jon

Steel City

Banned
Well, I don't have the Apten ported eaton YET, but I did drive 9 hours (hauling ass in my o3) to St. Louie and had her tuned by Brian! Awesome dude and great customer service, easy to work with.

Apten:rockon:

Grey03

Established Member
Maybe we could get a group of guys from Ohio area and all drive to St. Louis for Apten blowers.

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by Grey03
Maybe we could get a group of guys from Ohio area and all drive to St. Louis for Apten blowers.

I believe he was just there a few months ago for a ported blower install and dyno tune session at a local speed shop.

Grey03

Established Member
Originally posted by Steel City
I believe he was just there a few months ago for a ported blower install and dyno tune session at a local speed shop.

Don't tell me that :( Oh well, my brother lives is St. Louis anyway, plus I'll need to road test it for oh 350 miles :burnout:

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
I wanted to know the answer to the "how long it takes for a complete install and tune" question as well.

Grey03

Established Member
Originally posted by gchronis
I wanted to know the answer to the "how long it takes for a complete install and tune" question as well.

Hey George,
I see you are in Columbia, my wife graduated from Stephens in Columbia, and I grew up in Independence, outside of K.C.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Going to their shop won't work if you want to keep your own blower. It takes a couple of days for them to port the blower so you'd have to stay over or drive back and forth a couple of times. Since my car only has 7,000 miles on it I wanted to be sure I kept my blower. I know they replace any worn parts where necessary but I didn't want a blower with high miles, or one that was abused. Just something to think about.

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by gchronis

If the car is cool and you have a ported eaton to replace your factory one with it shouldn't take you more than a couple hours.

Fastford

Established Member
The complete package takes half a day . about 3 hours.. We start with a base line pull on your car then Swap the blower on the dyno while you wait. Call Apten for details. 636-925-2288

Jason C.

Grey03

Established Member
Thanks Jason for the info. I have another question that was brought up, if I want to keep my blower and have you guys port mine could I drop the car off one day and pick it up the next? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Hey George,
I see you are in Columbia, my wife graduated from Stephens in Columbia, and I grew up in Independence, outside of K.C.

Hey, I live in Independence. I've been thinking about driving to STL to go to Apten also. Having a few car problems right now though. If all goes well, I'm gonna come out there in July during my vacation.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by Steel City

Local speed shop? Where in Ohio?

Grey03

Established Member
Originally posted by Torch Red 10th
Hey, I live in Independence. I've been thinking about driving to STL to go to Apten also. Having a few car problems right now though. If all goes well, I'm gonna come out there in July during my vacation.

Torch Red 10th did you grow up in Independence, we might know some of the same people. Do people still cruise Noland Rd? That was the place back in the day.

Back to the Apten question, any more info? Anyone?

bfoley

Established Member
I drove up to Apten from Memphis and had it done. It should only take a couple hours for the blower swap and the tune was about an hour. Brian does a good job tuning.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Jason for the info. I have another question that was brought up, if I want to keep my blower and have you guys port mine could I drop the car off one day and pick it up the next? Thanks for the help.
No answer?

Guess you'll have to call Brian at Apten for the answer. I'm not speaking for Apten, but it might be possible depending upon their schedule. Maybe if you make arrangements with Brian he can schedule you for a 2-day turnaround. Give him a call.

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
If we have it scheduled in advance, and if we have the car by 9am there is a good chance we can have your original blower ported, installed, and the car tuned by the evening. We've done the same day/same blower thing a couple times and it all just has to be scheduled to work.

Brian

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
Originally posted by bfoley
I drove up to Apten from Memphis and had it done. It should only take a couple hours for the blower swap and the tune was about an hour. Brian does a good job tuning.

just curious about what numbers you made with your set up?

Users who are viewing this thread