Anyone dyno stock car with only lightning pully, no chip?

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I'm running a 3.2 with no chip. Car is lean but still safe. I probably wouldn't go with anything smaller without a chip. Let me see if I can find my dyno sheet.....
Here it is......http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43398
Also one thing to remember the tail pipe "sniffer" that most dyno's use is no the most accurate thing.
edit: I have been running this set up for probably 6000-7000 miles with no signs of detonation, plugs actually look like the car still runs rich. I did switch to NKG-TR6's.

Last edited:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I did it, stock exhaust, Amazon CAI, and 2.93

12.19@116

Never dyno'd so I dunno.

Pyro

Established Member
I am currently using a 2.93" pulley w/ no chip. So far, I've had no detonation/pinging that I can hear or that the plugs can tell me although I dont go WOT very often and if I do, it's usually not for more than a quick sprint. I'm tired of waiting for the Predator and I dont want to chip it so I'll be moving down in psi to a 3.2" pulley. It should provide about 3.5 psi of extra boost compared to 5. If it is a drastic drop in performance, I'll just deal with it. I dont go to the track anyway (yet).

46stang

Established Member
i had an L pulley and drop in K&N. it put down 426rwhp 460rwtq. the AF ratio was very lean on the bottom end. it was 15-1 all the way up to about 4500rpms where it gradually came down to 11.8-1 at 6500rpms. it never did ping but that af ratio scared me.
Leon

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Heard my name, so I'll speak up :) I am running an L pulley with no chip, JLP CAI, and cut my mufflers off (aka "Ghetto Pipes"). Ran 444/439 SAE. Has been dynoed 6 times. A/F is lean until 3500, and fat after 4500. No detonation so far (14,000 miles since I did it), but you do have to change your plugs to colder ones (I'm using the AGSF12FM1 motorcraft units) and gap them lower (I'm using .038 instead of the stock .045). You do need to get it dynoed just to check the A/F shortly after you get it. Oh, and to quote my brother, I alternately "Beat on it", "Drive like a maniac", and "Beat the balls off of it". :shrug:

2003blackcobra

Established Member
I'm waiting too, I have the pulley and gatorback belt too waiting to be installed for the last 6 months. Just waiting to do mafterburner or predator. Not sure where a good dealer is in there area. I also don't know of any1 who has the software already installed. To find out what is better.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread