Anyone EDC a full size pistol?

Machdup1

Established Member
During winter I’ll carry a P226 and two spare mags in Aliengear shoulder holster rig under my coat. It’s the most comfortable carry I’ve found.

If I’m going anywhere where the coat is coming off, I’ll switch to my OWB Kysela holster and a Glock 19 with a long pull over.

During summer, I go with a Glock 42 OWB leather paddle holster.

blackfang

Established Member
The largest one I have is a Glock 19 and EDC with it often and conceals well. It is not my primary EDC which would be my G30SF, SHield 9, XDS 9.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
For many, many years I carried a full size 1911 .45. It is slim and carries well, but is heavy.

I have since switched to carrying smaller, lighter polymer pistols. Usually a 4" Service Model type. They are wider, due to the stagger stack magazine. If I need a slimmer pistol, I carry a XDs 9.

For a carry pistol, magazine capacity should not be a big concern. According to most statistics, the average shooting consists of 2-3 rounds fired and at a distance of a few feet to a few yards.

The emphasis should be getting rounds on target, not how many you can throw down range.

scott_0

Established Member
I couldn’t imagine carrying a full size concealed, I carry a G43, it conceals so damn well, I can’t imagine it not being my EDC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

triple-s

Established Member
With the way things are going, it may be a good idea to buy a scabbard for a Remington V3 Tac-13.
yeah I really like that shotgun I should've just bought one at last weeks gun show now it's impossible to get one with background checks taking forever now.

Blown 89

Established Member
My EDC is a full size 1911.. 4.25" aluminum frame. I also have a 5" steel frame I carried for years. The aluminum frame is lighter so that's my go to. I carry an extra mag in my pocket or on my belt if I'm wearing something loose.

You need three things to carry a heavy full frame:
A good reinforced gun (ie stiffened) belt, a well fitting holster, and high wasted jeans that put everything above your hip. The later is becoming harder to find. Low rise jeans are terrible for carrying.

I carry concealed with snug fitting clothing. Good luck spotting it. 1911s are slim and most of it is tucked into my belt.... They're easier to conceal than some of the firearms mentioned here.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My EDC is a full size 1911.. 4.25" aluminum frame. I also have a 5" steel frame I carried for years. The aluminum frame is lighter so that's my go to. I carry an extra mag in my pocket or on my belt if I'm wearing something loose.

You need three things to carry a heavy full frame:
A good reinforced gun (ie stiffened) belt, a well fitting holster, and high wasted jeans that put everything above your hip. The later is becoming harder to find. Low rise jeans are terrible for carrying.

I carry concealed with snug fitting clothing. Good luck spotting it. 1911s are slim and most of it is tucked into my belt.... They're easier to conceal than some of the firearms mentioned here.

Colt?

jshen

Established Member
View attachment 1629858 I carried a Glock 29- such as you mentioned for over 26 years as a prosecuting attorney. I have a Kryex holster and looks ok in a suit. With suit or light jacket I just pull my shirt out as I am not a slim guy. The power of the 10mm defeats all car door glass including windshield and easily will take out occupant. I have done this test q few times with door glass up and door glass down. If get to the outdoor range early I am allowed to shoot from seated in car.....As cop years ago I had to make that shooting deceision and sure wish I'd practiced more...and with ear protection. I also carry my "black bag"- Kinda like a Ipad cases with 2 15 rd clips. I have a 23 glock in 40 and a much smaller Kahr PM40

Attachments

• Glock 29.JPG
    Glock 29.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 92

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I can see I am going to be alone on this one - Beretta 92F. Carried it forever on duty and can manage it, not really needing concealed.

Kubin-B

Established Member
I go back and forth between a g43 and g19/45. I carry appendix either in a teir 1 holster or t rex arms with spare mag. I can carry up to my g34 without issue this way though. And if you can tell I'm a glock fan boy.
20200321_145451.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I carry a S&W M&P .45 often simply cause I have not qualified with my back-up weapon so yea I carry it around but I have a little sack thing I wear cause its just too dam big otherwise. The full size .45 is jus to dam big imo. Shit, even the Beretta was too big to carry off duty imo cause it was long.

The novelty wears off really fast. But I have a DEA style holster and will wear in winter when I can wear clothes to hide but not in summer.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I can see I am going to be alone on this one - Beretta 92F. Carried it forever on duty and can manage it, not really needing concealed.

My first pistol was an M9 and I actually forgot about it until I was your post lol, but I used to carry it in an IWB and that was a big pistol but I would carry one again. I have a soft spot for the M9 since I did all my military training with it and carried it on me 24/7 while working and even sleeping with it at my side during that time. Been wanting to add the M9A3 for some time now.

Users who are viewing this thread