Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Honestly I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me at this point if they wait till Detroit auto show next year. Or the one in Chicago.
Man, I hope not!!
They could possibly lose some potential customers with the competition out there right now. Hellcats for example.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Man, I hope not!!
They could possibly lose some potential customers with the competition out there right now. Hellcats for example.

I hear ya. But aren't those when they normally do big reveals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
IMG_2660.JPG
I guess. I'm just sick of waiting like everyone else. lol
At least throw us some Easter eggs like Dodge does. lol

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I guess. I'm just sick of waiting like everyone else. lol
At least throw us some Easter eggs like Dodge does. lol

I agree I won't be buying one. But would love to see something come out that would rain on FCA's parade lol. Don't get me wrong I love the demon and hellcat I love American muscle would just like to see them topped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree I won't be buying one. But would love to see something come out that would rain on FCA's parade lol. Don't get me wrong I love the demon and hellcat I love American muscle would just like to see them topped.
lol
Yeah, I would for the new GT500 to be on top as well. The Demon will probably be the top dog for awhile, but I want the new GT500 to be a monster.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I get the feeling that in an attempt to play catch-up, by the time they get caught up the other's have already one upped themselves, and doubled down on whatever Ford has in the works.
I'm with you.
I here development takes time, and that the new GT and 350R were likely factors soaking up resources, but really you would have thought they still would have thought the GT500 50th anniversary would've moved things along just like for the GTs LeMans 50th and GT350s 50th.
So, maybe a GT500KR 50th mic drop, but pretty disappointing still with all the new cool stuff out.
I'll be spending time in my buddies new GT350R soon and if I enjoy it as much as hoped, I'll grab a Lightning blue '17 GT350 and do Hellion twins.
My current '14 GT500 and Hellcat Charger are just barely keeping me in check for the next GT500.
I'm a GT350 fan, but otherwise Ford has done d*ck with the s550 platform and special models.
Off to garage, I wish Wraith would take a collection from us and pay off his 'inside source' so we can have some reliable intel.
-J

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm with you.
I here development takes time, and that the new GT and 350R were likely factors soaking up resources, but really you would have thought they still would have thought the GT500 50th anniversary would've moved things along just like for the GTs LeMans 50th and GT350s 50th.
So, maybe a GT500KR 50th mic drop, but pretty disappointing still with all the new cool stuff out.
I'll be spending time in my buddies new GT350R soon and if I enjoy it as much as hoped, I'll grab a Lightning blue '17 GT350 and do Hellion twins.
My current '14 GT500 and Hellcat Charger are just barely keeping me in check for the next GT500.
I'm a GT350 fan, but otherwise Ford has done d*ck with the s550 platform and special models.
Off to garage, I wish Wraith would take a collection from us and pay off his 'inside source' so we can have some reliable intel.
-J
Good post J.
I'm thinking either a super low mileage, stock 2013/2014 GT500 OR ordering a brand new Hellcat Challenger for me if the new GT500 isn't what I had hoped. The ADM plays a huge role as well. I refuse to pay ADM, no matter how killer the car is. Hopefully that won't be the case.
Another option that I have thrown around is modding the crap out of my current car, which as a matter of fact, am currently texting Josh over at Injected Engineering as I browse svtperformance.

**It's GREAT to have options! :)

conceptmachine

Established Member
Seen the new transformers movie just a bit ago. Tough to get a good look at that decepticon stang but it looked to have the side ribbed vents on the front quarters, just like we seen in the spy shots.
Yeah, this thing has taken it's time, but I have a good feeling they will be worth the wait. When i say they, I believe it will be more than one trim.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Good post J.
I'm thinking either a super low mileage, stock 2013/2014 GT500 OR ordering a brand new Hellcat Challenger for me if the new GT500 isn't what I had hoped. The ADM plays a huge role as well. I refuse to pay ADM, no matter how killer the car is. Hopefully that won't be the case.
Another option that I have thrown around is modding the crap out of my current car, which as a matter of fact, am currently texting Josh over at Injected Engineering as I browse svtperformance.

**It's GREAT to have options! :)

Your car is bad ass... I wouldn't mess with a used shelby... mod yours and enjoy!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Your car is bad ass... I wouldn't mess with a used shelby... mod yours and enjoy!
Thanks man, I appreciate that. I've been thinking about it.
IF I do get a used 2013/2014 GT500, it would have to be super clean, super low mileage and 100% stock. I wouldn't settle for anything less.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I just saw a dealer list a brand new '14 GT500 for $89k on EBay. Agreed it's stupid high, but I know my '14 GT500 is staying in the family either way.
-J

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I predict the 2013/2014 GT500s will hold their value far better than the 2015/2016/2017 GT350.
Absolutely 100%!
I like the GT350 and GT350R cars, but my heart is with the 2013/2014 GT500 cars.

Users who are viewing this thread