Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I just got off the phone with a top dog over at the performance garage making the cars. They are held up on the testing because the seats are now being made out of a better leather and the crash dummies are sliding off them too much so it ain’t passin crash stuff.

Sad story cause it’s got a 850hp motor with 3750lbs but they’s gonna have to put in heavier leather that’s made a cow leather instead a horse leather so it’s gonna be 825hp and about 3800lbs

But anyways he saying it’ll get announced like next week something the 13th I recon I recall.

Osiris

Established Member
I just got off the phone with a top dog over at the performance garage making the cars. They are held up on the testing because the seats are now being made out of a better leather and the crash dummies are sliding off them too much so it ain’t passin crash stuff.

Sad story cause it’s got a 850hp motor with 3750lbs but they’s gonna have to put in heavier leather that’s made a cow leather instead a horse leather so it’s gonna be 825hp and about 3800lbs

But anyways he saying it’ll get announced like next week something the 13th I recon I recall.
See the hole in this is that any self respecting performance car would be trimmed in exquisite whale-penis leather dyed in the blood of many a vanquished Camaro owner and washed liberally in the tears of Hellcat and Demon owners.

Horsepower is irrelevant. This thing puts more down at the wheels then all of Putin's unlimited range doomsday missles combined.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
violin.gif

Shustack

Established Member

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
After 144 pages and 2 days of reading.... I haven't seen this posted. Maybe old news but it's right off Ford's website. I got a spot at my dealer. He says I'm guaranteed a spot at msrp and it will be soon to order. I find it very hard to believe with the limited about of debut info. But that was the info he told me. Shows arriving in 2019 not 2020 as that one fella said.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2018/01/15/all-new-mustang-shelby-gt500.html
Says it's gonna be "the pinnacle of Mustang performance" and have "innovative track technologies, [and] performance hardware." Sounds hopeful! I've been hoping it would be an R on steroids. Seems like it will be.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bpmurr

Established Member
From Enis Yeneriz on the Ford GT350 Owners Group.

Confirmed and okay for public knowledge.

1. It will be released in MY 2019.

2. There is going to be a one year overlap of both models, so the will 350 live on in 2019.

3. It’s going to be powered by a 5.2 crossplane crank modular engine.

4. It has the best qualities of the last generation of GT500's combined with characteristics of the 350 and 350R.

Straight from Ford to Enis but maybe @DBK can also confirm or deny.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread