Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

conceptmachine

Established Member
ah... the new vids are starting to get the blood pumping thru the veins again... finally something to jump start my heart. I was going flat line there for a while.
I like the sound of it too.
Only what, 5 more months til it gets uncovered. Let the charades begin

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
looks like they are going to keep the s550 body style around for this, maybe toss a big wing on the trunk, add some aero splitters, move a couple of lines, put a bump on the hood, etc...bummer.

rwleonard

Established Member
So, back to the convertible question. If they offer one, I assume it would have a speed limiter. Those can be changed with a tune, right?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Depending how much you're willing to spend, anything is possible. LoL

The speed limiter can be disabled with a OTC tune. I wouldn't go over 150 with the top up, though . Even that may be a tad too fast.

Last edited:

rwleonard

Established Member
Thanks. My wife is interested in a "zippy" vert, and I floated the idea that the new GT500 with a DCT would be plenty zippy yet driveable with the DCT, and I could put a bar in it and track it. We don't have room for two "just for fun" cars right now, and this might work as a shared toy. I would have to trade/sell my '13 though, and I love that car. We'll see.

rwleonard

Established Member
"track focused"
"700+ horsepower"
and "convertible" is an oxymoron...
So I see...

KG4R4050.jpg

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Man this thread is actually sad now that I think about it we are all bitching about a car we don't need. First world problems I guess.

Voltwings

Established Member

I can cut my grass with scissors, but that doesn't make it the right tool for the job... This car is already going to have it's hands full with 700+ horsepower and not ideal suspension geometry, but then you want to chop the roof off too?

Ok, now factor in the considerable difference in chassis shape, rigidity, and roof size between an S550 and C7. That STILL doesn't make it right though, it's an oxymoron if you intentionally compromise a "track focused" car by cutting the roof off.

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
I can cut my grass with scissors, but that doesn't make it the right tool for the job... This car is already going to have it's hands full with 700+ horsepower and not ideal suspension geometry, but then you want to chop the roof off too?

Ok, now factor in the considerable difference in chassis shape, rigidity, and roof size between an S550 and C7. That STILL doesn't make it right though, it's an oxymoron if you intentionally compromise a "track focused" car by cutting the roof off.
My point was people will buy them, and thus manufacturers will build them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread