Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

ToddW702

Established Member
I saw either the same one I posted in another thread or maybe a different one driving (testing) by my house again. It was much quieter today, and that makes me think possibly active exhaust. Also front tires on this car were 305, couldn’t see the back tire sizes. The driver took off from a light pretty fast and it wasn’t near as loud as other videos that show it taking off at less throttle. It was nice to see a decent tire on it. DBK said big tires, and it would be weird to have anything smaller then A GT350. Definitely had a separate parking brake out back. This info may be old... if so carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Please explain how someone can "know exactly what he speaks of" if you don't post "exactly what he speaks of"?

Saying "no" to people doesn't count, lol.

Everything he posts, proves to be correct, even posts years in advance.
In 07 he posted that SVT was working on something no ones ever seen before(2010 SVT Raptor), he was the first, I heard, to use the term Trinity for the 13/14 5.8l GT500. When every media outlet and clickbait site was saying how the S550 was going to be smaller and weigh 200-400lbs less DBK debunked the myth(from a member who claimed to see the new new edge sized S550) in 2011 saying that while smaller think in cm not feet nor inches, then there’s this thread below. Disclaimer the pics are gone as it some 14 years old....
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/heres-the-mule.144633/
There was also an interesting story about how Coletti back the design of the 2007 Shelby GT500.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I saw either the same one I posted in another thread or maybe a different one driving (testing) by my house again. It was much quieter today, and that makes me think possibly active exhaust. Also front tires on this car were 305, couldn’t see the back tire sizes. The driver took off from a light pretty fast and it wasn’t near as loud as other videos that show it taking off at less throttle. It was nice to see a decent tire on it. DBK said big tires, and it would be weird to have anything smaller then A GT350. Definitely had a separate parking brake out back. This info may be old... if so carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Ford chronically doesn't put enough tire up front. Fronts on this car are enough, and it should settle any debate about the purpose of the car.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Ford chronically doesn't put enough tire up front. Fronts on this car are enough, and it should settle any debate about the purpose of the car.

I don't think there was ever any real debate about the purpose of the car. It was just a few wishful thinkers wanting another straight-line car. Everybody else has been expecting it to be a more track capable car. There was no way Ford was going to sit by and let the Mustang be left in the weeds by its primary competitor in the segment, the Camaro. I suspect the GT500's track performance will slot right in the middle of the ZL1 1LE and the Z06. And before anybody chooses to fall off their rocker, don't forget how porky the Z06 is now. The GT500 will have the HP to make up for the few hundred pounds weight difference.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Get ready for a flood of GT350s on the market......kiss those values goodbye.

I have a 2016 Tech car with 14k on the clock. The car is super clean. I tram-lined into a curb and had to replace the wheels and tires on the passanger's side and replaced the tires on the driver's side to keep it even. A few weeks later I went to trade the car for an 18' to get the trans and diff coolers and reset the clock... I found out just ow bad the GT350 values are dropping.

Both dealers told me that a "major accident" was reported... (didn't know wheels getting curbed was major)... and it is "high mileage". One dealer offered me $33k; the other offered me $40k after arguing with them for and hour because I have been doing business with them for 20 years and bought over 30 cars from them.

Just to give people an idea of how bad that is... my buddy traded in his 2016 GT California Special with 25,000 miles on it and they gave him $30k.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I have a 2016 Tech car with 14k on the clock. The car is super clean. I tram-lined into a curb and had to replace the wheels and tires on the passanger's side and replaced the tires on the driver's side to keep it even. A few weeks later I went to trade the car for an 18' to get the trans and diff coolers and reset the clock... I found out just ow bad the GT350 values are dropping.

Both dealers told me that a "major accident" was reported... (didn't know wheels getting curbed was major)... and it is "high mileage". One dealer offered me $33k; the other offered me $40k after arguing with them for and hour because I have been doing business with them for 20 years and bought over 30 cars from them.

Just to give people an idea of how bad that is... my buddy traded in his 2016 GT California Special with 25,000 miles on it and they gave him $30k.

You have to realize that they were trying to steal the car from you, right? If you sold it to them for that price, they'd have it on their lot the next day with a $45K sticker on it. Never go off what dealers offer for them. They're trying to buy it for the lowest possible price and sell it for the highest possible. Now, with your experience in hand, go out and try to find a GT350 for sale for $30K. Good luck!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

*Just thinking out loud*

I hope that while Ford has adequately addressed the “under-tired” nightmares of the past, that they don’t alienate the guys that like “base” model GT500s. A 62-64k entry price without MR, 45 coolers, and a 6sp would keep this car in the realm of possibility for guys like myself.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
You have to realize that they were trying to steal the car from you, right? If you sold it to them for that price, they'd have it on their lot the next day with a $45K sticker on it. Never go off what dealers offer for them. They're trying to buy it for the lowest possible price and sell it for the highest possible. Now, with your experience in hand, go out and try to find a GT350 for sale for $30K. Good luck!

Oh yea, I know they were trying to take serious advantage. I told the GM of one of the dealers... "Why should I pay your $18,000 ADM or even MSRP for the new car when they lose 65% or more of their value in less than 2 years? In fact, I'm not buying one. I'm leaving."

That same dealer has a used 17' with 4k on the OD for sale for $55k.

I'll sell mine on the private market when I'm ready. If I can't get what I want, I'll keep it. No one in their right mind would let a clean GT350 go for peanuts.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Gt350’s will keep strong demand because they are great cars. I don’t see them falling below $35k any time soon.

I bought my 03 cobra for $23k in 2005. 28,000 miles, mostly stock.

Today if I’d left it as I bought it, but take into account the 62,000 miles on the dash, it’s a $20-23k car.

Demand drives the used market.

The entire market for used gt350’s isn’t about to die because the small sliver of people in the mustang community that bought gt350’s who were actually looking for big gt500 power are ready to sell so they can buy gt500’s now.

I expect that used prices for gt350’s will take a 15-20% drop to high $30’s tops.

Used 15-17 gt’s are low to mid 30’s. There are tens of thousands of people buying those up every year. Gt350’s aren’t going to fall through that group probably ever.

15-19 gt350’s will easily hold more demand than even used 2018-19 gt’s.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Clemson

Established Member
Gt350’s will keep strong demand because they are great cars. I don’t see them falling below $35k any time soon.
Well you can find them (16's anyway) for low to mid 40s now, and the 500 doesnt even exist yet. Assuming your 20% theory, youre looking at 33-36K, so you could be right. Thats as of today though. Factor in yet another year of 350 production hitting the pool, another year older on the 16's, etc....I could see low 30s in the next couple of years once the 500 is established in the market.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Meh, I still don't think 500 will do much to the value of 350. Not nearly as much as continued 350 production. There are major differences between the two cars that will attract different people.

If you're a beep beep WOT person, the choice is obvious.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Meh, I still don't think 500 will do much to the value of 350. Not nearly as much as continued 350 production. There are major differences between the two cars that will attract different people.

If you're a beep beep WOT person, the choice is obvious.

I didn’t see s2000 values impacted by NSX sales. I didn’t even see 370z prices impacted by GTR sales.

(Intentionally very different classes of cars)

I think a lot of people don’t understand that many traditionally non mustang buyers really like the gt350 and especially the gt350r.

The used used corvette market was directly impacted by new vette models until the c7, then the car grew up and has much more diversified demand.

The mustang gt350 is a grown up very well rounded and desirable package. I talk to Porsche, bmw and amg fans that want one. They don’t even care about the new gt500.

My point is a good car stays in high demand. Look at e39 m5 prices vs the v10 m5’s. 5 year older car, still desirable. Same story of the b7 and b8 rs4 vs b9.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

I think a lot of people don’t understand that many traditionally non mustang buyers really like the gt350 and especially the gt350r.
The mustang gt350 is a grown up very well rounded and desirable package. I talk to Porsche, bmw and amg fans that want one. They don’t even care about the new gt500.

I've said that so many times. You're right. A lot of Mustang people just don't get it. They're thinking the only people buying GT350s are Mustang people with more money than brains. Couldn't be farther from the truth. The GT350 has converted/convinced a lot of non Mustang people.

Clemson

Established Member
We shall see. I think price trends on the 350 already support my suspicion. Also notice most claiming the 350 values will remain high are the ones that own one. Hmmm. I think the R cars are somewhat insulated, but the base cars will visit that 35K range. Pure conjecture at this point obviously.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I think price trends on GT350 are what they are because the car kinda sorta came out in MY15, but even discounting those cars, MY16/17/18+ is plenty of cars to go around over a long period of time. People drive regular production cars, the company keeps making them, the cars depreciate. The R is a different case because it's a greater-than-the-sum-of-it's-parts car produced in smaller quantities that is still *somewhat* difficult to find.

Mustang world is obviously not a direct comparison to Porsche world because the consumers are traditionally younger and less concerned with track performance, but GT3, GT3 Touring, GT3 RS, Turbo, Turbo S, GT2 RS all draw different people. The biggest pain in the ass Porsche to get (for long winded reasons) in recent history wasn't a PDK boy-racer look FI-sledgehammer, it was a N/A manual transmission car with way less horsepower and understated aesthetics. Some dudes have to have a GT3 RS because it's the raciest N.A car whether or not they like mandatory PDK. Some dudes have to have a GT3 for the manual transmission despite giving up the raw speed of the RS.

I don't think it's a perfect analogy, but there is some wisdom in comparing the two scenarios. Especially because Mustang is no longer seen as or sold as a straight line car.

Users who are viewing this thread