Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

TERMN8U

Established Member
I guess that's what happens. People evolve from one frame of mind to another. I'm even thinking of getting a AMG GTS instead of the 500... idk.... when you get up to the $100,000 range there's a lot of nice cars to compare.
I used to physically fight people that shit talked mustangs. Lol. Now that I'm not insane, I see a lot of nice options to choose from.
Still hope that the next 500 is off the charts like a 911 turbo S though.

CO Mack

Established Member
First, the car won't be near $100k. It will be very close to the ZL1 Camaro if it comes out.
I've also had a few AMG cars and I don't expect a Mustang of any model to match high end luxury cars in regards to interior quality or amenities. The price of a GT500 doesn't match but the performance does and I'm personally fine with that, I'm looking for performance first. If you gotta have both, you pay to play.
I do think some of the American muscle cars would have takers with upgrade interior packages. My main complaint with my Charger Hellcat is the low rent dash pad. Our Pacifica and previous Ram had leather stitched dashpads, not this plain plastic. A few thousand dollars for an interior upgrade would have my consideration, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
-J

With ADM it will almost surely be too close to $100k for comfort. (Early ones likely over). People keep buying them so the tiring ADM stuff is likely to continue but I think many people are getting annoyed enough to move on, and as mentioned $100k buys some NICE cars.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
So don't have to be the first with one and don't pay ADM? I paid under MSRP when I ordered my '14 GT500 while some were still paying ADM. that's an individual choice and I'm talking MSRP.
-J

Sirhc7897

Established Member
First, the car won't be near $100k. It will be very close to the ZL1 Camaro if it comes out.
I've also had a few AMG cars and I don't expect a Mustang of any model to match high end luxury cars in regards to interior quality or amenities. The price of a GT500 doesn't match but the performance does and I'm personally fine with that, I'm looking for performance first. If you gotta have both, you pay to play.
I do think some of the American muscle cars would have takers with upgrade interior packages. My main complaint with my Charger Hellcat is the low rent dash pad. Our Pacifica and previous Ram had leather stitched dashpads, not this plain plastic. A few thousand dollars for an interior upgrade would have my consideration, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
-J

This x1000. My only real complaint with my challenger Hellcat is that damn rubbery dash and top of door panel material. My overland Jeep Grand Cherokee has stitched leather everything.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Sirhc7897

Established Member
So don't have to be the first with one and don't pay ADM? I paid under MSRP when I ordered my '14 GT500 while some were still paying ADM. that's an individual choice and I'm talking MSRP.
-J

I’d like to see Ford use the same selling strategy jeep did with the Trackhawk.

Apparently the dealers had a deadline to sell their original allocation by in order to order more stock (or something to that affect).

It must have worked fairly well for purchasers because I’m seeing where quite a few people picked up their trackhawks for MSRP or better on the first run. No waiting six months to a year for all the hype to die down.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DepWraith

Established Member
There will be a new one, but as usual they are going to mark them up so only idiots with more money than brains will be able to get one. Think I'll buy a t-bucket for fun until all the hype and BS dealer mark ups settle down.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
There will be a new one, but as usual they are going to mark them up so only idiots with more money than brains will be able to get one. Think I'll buy a t-bucket for fun until all the hype and BS dealer mark ups settle down.
Well, do you still have your '13-14, just mod up until the new ones are reasonable.
I never try for the first cars available. I liked my '04 Cobra and '14 GT500 better knowing what's coming and what works.
Either way, still wish Ford would give us something soon.
-J

svt662

Established Member
Ford Better offer some information soon because I'm ready and been looking hard for another sports car... Will Never Sell my "13" Shelby!!!

conceptmachine

Established Member
I’m thinking with the added DCT and the awesome performance this car will have, it will be priced around 8 to 10k higher than the zl1. You will have to decide whether it’s worth it to you, but from what the insiders are saying, it will best the zl1 and even the 1le version.

Clemson

Established Member
I’m still praying for AWD

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
AWD, light weight materials, niche engine with FA, multiple trans and rear end options, have 11+" rear wheels with at least 315 skins, must excel at road course and drag strip as well as be the most comfortable and dominating street machine ever made. Oh, and cost 70k. LOLOLOLOL. Either this thing is going to be idiotically expensive or disappoint the hell out of most of you.

DepWraith

Established Member
Well, do you still have your '13-14, just mod up until the new ones are reasonable.
I never try for the first cars available. I liked my '04 Cobra and '14 GT500 better knowing what's coming and what works.
Either way, still wish Ford would give us something soon.
-J

No, sold the 13.

No way they can fit AWD in the current chassis, so anyone hoping for that is gonna be pretty disappointed.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
AWD, light weight materials, niche engine with FA, multiple trans and rear end options, have 11+" rear wheels with at least 315 skins, must excel at road course and drag strip as well as be the most comfortable and dominating street machine ever made. Oh, and cost 70k. LOLOLOLOL. Either this thing is going to be idiotically expensive or disappoint the hell out of most of you.

Why not?

GTR is only $100k and runs on an entirely unique chassis.

Demon is $84,000.

Users who are viewing this thread