Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

conceptmachine

Established Member
the order banks for the 2019 won't happen for a while. There was something in CONCEPS that came up yesterday, maybe Nick can help with that?

DepWraith

Established Member
Yeah, the TT 5.0L 2018.5 GT500 is now in the order system.

Thanks that helped everyone out a bunch; you're always so quick to poke fun at others, but still haven't seen you post any credible info yourself...so there's that.

I'm pretty sure I asked that question to DEALERS so we all would get verifiable information to eliminate any further poking at fun of others who just pass along information they have received.

the order banks for the 2019 won't happen for a while. There was something in CONCEPS that came up yesterday, maybe Nick can help with that?

Reason I asked is because the last FDNB I read from December was as follows:

FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) the following timetable has been announced for the 2018MY Balance Out & 2019MY Job #1.

03/02/2018 - 2018MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
03/22/2018 - 2018MY Last Day to Spec Change
06/07/2018 - 2018MY Job Last Date

03/12/2018 - 2019MY Order Bank Open Date
04/12/2018 - 2019MY Scheduling Begins
06/11/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date

http://www.state.wv.us/admin/purchase/swc/MV18_FleetOrderDeadlines_Ford.pdf

Last edited:

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
I'm pretty sure I asked that question to DEALERS so we all would get verifiable information to eliminate any further poking at fun of others who just pass along information they have received.

From what I understand (and someone correct me if anyone actually KNOWS otherwise) dealers know no more than any of us. There may be some who have 'contacts' or 'insider intel' but even if they did I would have to think they could not just come out and reveal something to us unless Ford said it was ok- in which case why would Ford not reveal it to everyone?

DepWraith

Established Member
From what I understand (and someone correct me if anyone actually KNOWS otherwise) dealers know no more than any of us. There may be some who have 'contacts' or 'insider intel' but even if they did I would have to think they could not just come out and reveal something to us unless Ford said it was ok- in which case why would Ford not reveal it to everyone?

If the order banks indeed opened, they would be able to see what products were available (G350, GT500, packages, etc)...nothing secret in the order banks, was just curious if anything interesting was in there (like unexpected colors, packages, etc).

***Just saw this for instance***

General updates for the 2019 Mustang range includes a rev-matching function for Mustang GTs equipped with a 6-speed manual; a 12-speaker Bang & Olufsen audio system; an active exhaust system for the Mustang EcoBoost; and three new vintage-inspired colors (Velocity Blue, Need for Green, and the iconic Dark Highland Green of the Mustang that starred in “Bullitt”).

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
If the order banks indeed opened, they would be able to see what products were available (G350, GT500, packages, etc)...nothing secret in the order banks, was just curious if anything interesting was in there (like unexpected colors, packages, etc).

I understand- I guess part of my point was that even if the order banks were open then we would know that too, right? Are you thinking that dealerships would know if order banks were open before we would, and if so then they would be able to see them before us, and if so again then they would be able to reveal that intel before Ford? I do not know the answers to all that, just asking. But again, my understanding is that they do not know much if anything before the public does (order bank opening dates, options, etc.).

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
That’s how it worked with my 13.

Told a dealership I was interested, this was shortly after they announced the 5.8 and 650HP numbers, I want to say in December. They said I was 4th in line.

A few weeks later the dealership called back and said the first 3 guys were just theoretical-tire kickers and I could have the first allocation since banks had opened.

They didn’t know when anything would open or when anything would arrive.

Nothing happened for awhile until my status went from 10 to 1, which my salesman said he’d never seen before.

Then, the car showed up.

DepWraith

Established Member
I understand- I guess part of my point was that even if the order banks were open then we would know that too, right? Are you thinking that dealerships would know if order banks were open before we would, and if so then they would be able to see them before us, and if so again then they would be able to reveal that intel before Ford? I do not know the answers to all that, just asking. But again, my understanding is that they do not know much if anything before the public does (order bank opening dates, options, etc.).

We wouldn't know the order banks were open until we were informed by a dealer as the order banks are on their network.

Yes, the dealers could tell us as soon as the order banks opened, which was last scheduled for yesterday per the FDNB, that's why I was asking the dealers that are on this site.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Was @ a dealership yesterday & I asked. Yes, some order banks did open, but not for anything members would be interested in. Also asked about what they knew or heard about a GT500,...........................NOTHING !!
................( this is the dealer I bought my 14 from )

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
2019 banks are open:

upload_2018-3-13_14-52-21.png

Snoopy49

Established Member
Nick,
How long after the 13/14 Mustangs appeared in the order banks did it take for the 13/14 GT500 to appear in the order banks, or more recently the GT350's?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nick,
How long after the 13/14 Mustangs appeared in the order banks did it take for the 13/14 GT500 to appear in the order banks, or more recently the GT350's?

Honestly, I don't remember off of the top of my head. It's pretty common for them to come in to the order bank after production begins. I'm not going to be worried about the possibility of a MY19 until August; if it's not in the order banks by then, I'll be concerned.

68fastback

Need DOHC Alloy Big Block
Established Member
Honestly, I don't remember off of the top of my head. It's pretty common for them to come in to the order bank after production begins. I'm not going to be worried about the possibility of a MY19 until August; if it's not in the order banks by then, I'll be concerned.
Yup, that's what I'm thinking ...+/- August GT500 start so as to show in dealers in +/- October. What I really want to know is if a MY19 GT350 shows in the Order Guide. There should be a preliminary Mustang order guide coming out around now with a final several weeks later. I find it hard to believe the Romeo Niche Line will do both simultaneously vs an extended MY18 GT350 (or a short-run MY19 GT350) followed by the GT500, but not concurrent ...Romeo Niche is just not set up for two simultaneous niche builds. Not impossible to change that but not very likely either, imo.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yup, that's what I'm thinking ...+/- August GT500 start so as to show in dealers in +/- October. What I really want to know is if a MY19 GT350 shows in the Order Guide. There should be a preliminary Mustang order guide coming out around now with a final several weeks later. I find it hard to believe the Romeo Niche Line will do both simultaneously vs an extended MY18 GT350 (or a short-run MY19 GT350) followed by the GT500, but not concurrent ...Romeo Niche is just not set up for two simultaneous niche builds. Not impossible to change that but not very likely either, imo.

They won't be included in the order guide, until they are included in the dealer order system.

Users who are viewing this thread