Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Don't you usually get a preliminary "proprietary" OG before that -- so dealers can provide any feedback ...or is it in the order system even before the prelim?

It's already been "previewed" by dealers. I'd say it was 85-90% complete at that point.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
If the order banks indeed opened, they would be able to see what products were available (G350, GT500, packages, etc)...nothing secret in the order banks, was just curious if anything interesting was in there (like unexpected colors, packages, etc).

***Just saw this for instance***

General updates for the 2019 Mustang range includes a rev-matching function for Mustang GTs equipped with a 6-speed manual; a 12-speaker Bang & Olufsen audio system; an active exhaust system for the Mustang EcoBoost; and three new vintage-inspired colors (Velocity Blue, Need for Green, and the iconic Dark Highland Green of the Mustang that starred in “Bullitt”).

A B&O sound system option? Nice. We had the B&O in our S4. It was great.

Weren't those the available colors (green, blue, black) for the original Bullit?

You mean the SN95 Bullitt? I believe that one was only available in green or black. The car from the movie just happened to be a green Mustang GT. It wasn't called a Bullitt.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
A B&O sound system option? Nice. We had the B&O in our S4. It was great.

You mean the SN95 Bullitt? I believe that one was only available in green or black. The car from the movie just happened to be a green Mustang GT. It wasn't called a Bullitt.
Don’t get excited about the Bang & Olufsen because it’s an B&O Play system i.e. a rebranded lower quality product.

Yeah the 2001 Bullitt, the “original”. Just looked it up and it came in black, True Blue, and DHG.

Osiris

Established Member
Don’t get excited about the Bang & Olufsen because it’s an B&O Play system i.e. a rebranded lower quality product.

Yeah the 2001 Bullitt, the “original”. Just looked it up and it came in black, True Blue, and DHG.
FWIW....I had B&O Play headphones and they were amazing. Best ear buds I ever had. Even better than the Beats set I have now (because I lost the B&O...dammit)

My MKZ has the 20 speaker Revel Ultima system and it's pretty damn impressive...

I didn't think the stock system in my 350 was all that bad at all TBH but I can certainly tell it doesn't compare to the Revel...Hopefully this B&O system falls in between somewhere

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
FWIW....I had B&O Play headphones and they were amazing. Best ear buds I ever had. Even better than the Beats set I have now (because I lost the B&O...dammit)

My MKZ has the 20 speaker Revel Ultima system and it's pretty damn impressive...

I didn't think the stock system in my 350 was all that bad at all TBH but I can certainly tell it doesn't compare to the Revel...Hopefully this B&O system falls in between somewhere

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I’m not a audiophile and am fine with the Sony system in my XSport. But the Raptor guys that raved about their B&O systems in their Audi’s were disappointed in the ‘18 Raptor’s B&O Play system. IIRC they said they were just rebranded JL speakers.

conceptmachine

Established Member
i much prefer the system thats in my explorer sport to what I had in the raptor. Much better sound quaility. I actually enjoy listening in the explorer. Every other car I've had in the last 10 years has been junk compaired. Still not aftermarket good, but its not bad.

68fastback

Need DOHC Alloy Big Block
Established Member
Found this on ( themustangsource.com ) today, not sure if it was posted already, & the sound quality sucks..

Great find!! Las Vegas show ...I'll have to see what I can find out (if anything -lol) at NYIAS end of this month.

Yeah, really hard to hear but sounds like 19MY GT500 in "calendar year 2019" and a GT350 and GT500 presumably both in 2019 as an 19MYs?

Still, I don't see Romeo Niche building both engines simultneously so it might mean a job-2 cutover in early 2019 -- i.e. a truncated 19MY GT350 run followed by a late (job-2) start 19MY GT500. If they were to pre-build a bunch of the GT350 engines -- and maybe Romeo Niche did when the recall shut down GT350 production (tho seems unlikely) -- they conceivably could have some overlap in production at Flat Rock. Short of a significant revamp of Romeo Niche line (which is possible, if unlikely) I don't see concurrent production of both engines.

bpmurr

Established Member
Found this on ( themustangsource.com ) today, not sure if it was posted already, & the sound quality sucks..

Great find!! Las Vegas show ...I'll have to see what I can find out (if anything -lol) at NYIAS end of this month.

Yeah, really hard to hear but sounds like 19MY GT500 in "calendar year 2019" and a GT350 and GT500 presumably both in 2019 as an 19MYs?

Still, I don't see Romeo Niche building both engines simultneously so it might mean a job-2 cutover in early 2019 -- i.e. a truncated 19MY GT350 run followed by a late (job-2) start 19MY GT500. If they were to pre-build a bunch of the GT350 engines -- and maybe Romeo Niche did when the recall shut down GT350 production (tho seems unlikely) -- they conceivably could have some overlap in production at Flat Rock. Short of a significant revamp of Romeo Niche line (which is possible, if unlikely) I don't see concurrent production of both engines.

I already posted this in the thread a couple days ago guys...:cool:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
flat,750x1000,075,t.jpg

dlaude

Established Member
I've been reading pretty much every post in this thread (while skimming the long ones) and I don't think I've had too many posts, but I gotta get something off my chest here...I'm not a huge fan of Kate Upton.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I've been reading pretty much every post in this thread (while skimming the long ones) and I don't think I've had too many posts, but I gotta get something off my chest here...I'm not a huge fan of Kate Upton.

I hate blondes and tits too. It’s why I’m selling my Shelby for a Subaru, and divorcing my wife for a man.

Users who are viewing this thread