Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I thought about that, but i figured a big gaping hole wouldnt look much better either. I think the foundation is there for a good looking front end, it's just missing something.

Couldn't agree more. I'd love to see all the iterations designers came up with that got passed over.

Osiris

Established Member
Man that thing looks utterly pissed off...lol

I'm not a fan of the gaping maw either, and I also agree about the snake....but I think Ford wants to be different with the 500 vs the 350 so we'll see how this evolves.

Hopefully this bit of news will calm you boys down a while...lol, it's starting to remind me of how the ladies at the office get the month before pumpkin spice lattes are back on Starbucks' menu around here....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
This is what I thought of first when I saw it:

2015_nissan_gt_r_nismo_7.jpg

On the Ford Mustang Facebook page. Thoughts? The caption says preproduction model shown. View attachment 1473512

68fastback

Need DOHC Alloy Big Block
Established Member
Seriously doubting it will look like that ...at least I hope not!
That Cobra just does not look right in that spot.

Ford did file the 4th extension on a King Cobra Trademark earlier this month ...use or lose date is March 8th 2019 ...to file a proof of use statement.

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
if it was real, if go over and grab that cobra emblem and snap it off. couldn't be more dumb of a placement and size.

looks like supermans squiggly hair with soul glow and glitter all over it...

pwrshft99

Established Member
Ive been over new cars for awhile now, just too much flashy stuff that jacks up the price.

However, I am getting more and more disgusted with Ford. They have always pulled this shit.

94-95 everyone wanted a 351 mustang and ford had the tooling to do it. Nope

99-04 everyone wanted a 5.4 mustang to compete with LS1. Ford proves it can be done with the 2000 Cobra R. Chooses not too.

05-10 designed a complicated 3V 4.6, carryover Mach1 4V would have been much better for enthusiast customers. Nope

Now 5-6 year wait for the flagship car. The competition has been putting out HUGE numbers for a few years and all we get is teaser pics? Couple that with what is looking to be a GT350 engine, minus flat plane crank but with a blower... They could have brought that package to the market two years ago.

Its going to be an $80k car, I'm not their market and doubt anyone cares but **** me

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Ive been over new cars for awhile now, just too much flashy stuff that jacks up the price.

However, I am getting more and more disgusted with Ford. They have always pulled this shit.

94-95 everyone wanted a 351 mustang and ford had the tooling to do it. Nope (Emissions and fuel economy)

99-04 everyone wanted a 5.4 mustang to compete with LS1. Ford proves it can be done with the 2000 Cobra R. Chooses not too. (Cost, emissions and fuel economy. And wasn't the '00R crazy nose heavy? That 5.8 had to practically be shoehorned in there.)

05-10 designed a complicated 3V 4.6, carryover Mach1 4V would have been much better for enthusiast customers. Nope (Fuel economy and much tighter emissions standards.)

Now 5-6 year wait for the flagship car. The competition has been putting out HUGE numbers for a few years and all we get is teaser pics? Couple that with what is looking to be a GT350 engine, minus flat plane crank but with a blower... They could have brought that package to the market two years ago. (And they probably would have been instantly outgunned by the competition. Since Chevy and Dodge lifted their skirts first, now Ford knows how much lube to bring to the orgy. They were probably ready with something and had an "oh shit!" moment when the Hellcats dropped and had to go back to the drawing board.)

Its going to be an $80k car, I'm not their market and doubt anyone cares but **** me

I feel you, but see my comments.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I personally, want the new GT500 to be a power and torque monster. Of course I want it to handle well too, but look at the '13/1'4 GT500 cars. So ballsy and just about everyone wants one.

Users who are viewing this thread