Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... Something is lost when one goes for more power more weight. Just look at the difference between the GT3 and TT from Porsche.

That's not really a good comparison in this regard. The TT doesn't weigh anywhere near 4000 lbs, and it performs nearly as well as the GT3 on track.

If the weight and HP are true, it will all come down to how the DCT affects the performance.
I don't know enough about the real world performance differences between a torque converter auto trans vs a DCT to make a guess of it's 1/4 mile.

None of that info is true. It's a fake document. As for the transmissions, watch some videos comparing the 570S or 720S vs the C7 ZR1 with auto. Not even a competition. The DCTs kill it. Fast shifting or not, it's still a torque converter.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I was talking about driver feel and feedback which the GT3 is way ahead of the turbo.

Yeah, I meant to add that to my post. I haven't driven either one, but by all accounts, that is the truth. Not that the TT drives badly. It's just less focused than the GT3.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
It may be fake, but it is probably close to the truth.

Base GT350 3800 lbs
Blower+Systems 100 lbs
Transmission 50 lbs
Driveshaft/Halfshafts/rearend 50 lbs
Proper Cooling 50 lbs
Touring Interior 50 lbs
Brakes/Wheels/Tires 50 lbs
Something Dumb 50 lbs

I really hope that Ford knocks it out of the park, but the bar is set pretty high. I also hope it is a triple threat street/drag/road-course car and not some one-trick-pony.

I will say that I am totally addicted to road courses. Even if you only do it once a year, it is the only way you can truly experience what these cars are capable of. Even the Hell Cat guys enjoy the road course, even though they are 10-15 seconds down on anything that turns and stops. I still haven't seen many GT350's at the track to compare against.......

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
Unbelievable we can see video of the mid engine C8 running around the ring, but still nothing on this car.
Derp
Screenshot_20180911-122222~2.jpeg

Sent from my XT1650 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jtfx6552

Established Member
What exactly about that is unbelievable?

The C7 debuted about 9 months before the S550, and GM has the next generation, on a new platform with a different layout, out running around the ring, before Ford completes what amounts to adding a blower and associated hardware.

You really think watching the car putt putt around is comparable?

Voltwings

Established Member
Assuming they started these projects at the same time of course. And never mind the other Ford Performance products launched in the mean time?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Chevy told Car and Driver back in 2014 that they were underway with a mid engine Corvette. The S550 debuted maybe 8 months earlier.

That means that they were already far enough along to say it with confidence that the program wouldn't be killed. Hell there were renderings out of the mid engine Corvette before the Ford GT was even spotted on the roads.

They are well over 4 years into this.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The C7 debuted about 9 months before the S550, and GM has the next generation, on a new platform with a different layout, out running around the ring, before Ford completes what amounts to adding a blower and associated hardware.

A no frills way of wording it but I can't lie - that is exactly what goes through my mind.

Regardless, we are getting close. A little more suffering and we'll finally be there. It has been a rather tortuous wait, I readily admit.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Still nothing? I wish FORD would give you guys a launch similar to the Demon. With teaser videos each week and a reveal date. This thing feels so far down the totem poll at Ford. Like ZERO marketing spend on it.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Like ZERO marketing spend on it.

Honestly why spend money right now marketing the car? There are like 10 active threads on the subject on this forum alone. No information generates speculation and interest. I am among the potential buyers for the car and am frustrated with the delay of info or specs, but Ford knows they have to feed a hungry family.

Users who are viewing this thread