Anyone ever accused of stealing?

eclipsemustang

Established Member
First time i was accused i was 16 and was buying paintball stuff with some friends, and while we were still in the store the security guard came over to us and told us to all empty our pockets, we asked why and he told us some guy had reported some kids all wearing matching jerseys ( we all had our lacrosse jerseys on because it was a game day) were stealing things. we emptied our pockets they found we had nothing. we complained because they stopped us while we were shopping. but just got an apology from the security.

last night i went to the grocery store to buy a gallon of milk, and i went to the self check out lane bought it and started to walk out and when i walked past the lady who watches the self check out lanes. she put her hand on my shoulder and asked me if i paid for the milk. i gave her this "are you serious look" because i had the milk in the one hand and my wallet and receipt in the other. so i told her yes. and she responded "can you prove it?" so i handed her the receipt and she looked saw i bought milk handed it back and was like ok have a nice day.

Anything like this happen to anyone else? or anyone caught stealing?

eclipsemustang

Established Member
don't think i look that suspicious I'm skinny white 20 year old i don't sag my pants, last night when i was at the store i was wearing a nice button up with my hair gelled, and my glasses on, i don't want to sound stereotypical but i dont think that's many peoples profile of a thief

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iftx86R48jU]YouTube - Creed Bratton loves stealing things[/ame]

mustangkid05

Established Member
na, but i hate when you buy stuff and as you're walking out the beeper goes off for no reason lol

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Yeah I had that happen to me at a Best Buy one day. I was looking at some walkthrough books for video games and I looked through them for a while seeing if I wanted it. I did end up purchasing it and as I walked past the doors, even though the beeper didn't go off the security guard asked to see if I payed for everything and if I had anything in my pockets. I gave him the WTF look, as if I can hide those huge ass books in my pocket. And of course I had nothing on me and walked out, but he was being very rude to me as if I really did steal a book.

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
my 2nd semester in college one of my professors accused me of stealing a test from her office and cheating... the first half of the semester i slacked off and failed both tests, then i made a 90 on my third test and she accused me of cheating and stealing.

i ended up having to go to multiple hearings and meetings and got really close to getting expelled from college all together! eventually i convinced them i didnt do it and all i got was an apology

blinelaxd27

Established Member
I used to work loss prevention... if someone accuses you of stealing you don't have to show them shit... just keep walking and if they put their hands on you or try to apprehend you... you got a lawsuit on your hands and can make a good chunk of change... several people did that in my district... i can't wait for it to happen to me so I can make a quick buck from stupid lps who are too trigger happy with the accusations!

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Yup. Stole a couple packs of baseball cards when I was 16. Got a ticket and I'm permanently banned from the Tom Thumb grocery store in Irving, TX. Oh well. It cured the clepto in me and I don't steal any more.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
if someone falsely accuses you of stealing, then you can have them in court. I'm a manager at a grocery store & we are very careful of who you watch & even accuse. If you have a witness to someone falsely accusing you of stealing, then you have a case. Big companies have to protect their assets not only from thieves, but also over zealous employees accusing when it was never the case.

redstang98

slooooooow
Established Member
Yeah I had that happen to me at a Best Buy one day. I was looking at some walkthrough books for video games and I looked through them for a while seeing if I wanted it. I did end up purchasing it and as I walked past the doors, even though the beeper didn't go off the security guard asked to see if I payed for everything and if I had anything in my pockets. I gave him the WTF look, as if I can hide those huge ass books in my pocket. And of course I had nothing on me and walked out, but he was being very rude to me as if I really did steal a book.

If you want to take the time you should write a letter to Bestbuy about your experience in the store. Don't use any employee names but tell them you didn't like how you were treated there and whatever else you want to say.

I did this because an employee was a complete jerk to me, a week and a half later I got an apology letter saying they were sending me a 25 dollar gift card:dancenana: I wasn't expecting anything from writing the letter, but I'm a happy customer now, haha.

I'm still trying to figure out what to buy with it.

eclipsemustang

Established Member
one of my friends did write a letter to the company who accused us of stealing paintball supplies but got no response. so we started filling our tanks and stuff at the store across the street.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I used to work loss prevention... if someone accuses you of stealing you don't have to show them shit... just keep walking and if they put their hands on you or try to apprehend you... you got a lawsuit on your hands and can make a good chunk of change... several people did that in my district... i can't wait for it to happen to me so I can make a quick buck from stupid lps who are too trigger happy with the accusations!

Day after Thanksgiving I went to a Walmart about 30 miles from the house. My wife and I were just looking and watching all the crazy people fighting over things. Well I was trying to look down this one aisle and I moved a buggy sitting there to walk down. As I start down the aisle I might have got 2 feet when a guy told me I could not look down the aisle. I said, Do What? he said if I wanted to look down any aisle I had to get in the line about 75 feet away. I told him I was just looking and started on down the aisle and he started blocking me with a buggy he was standing behind. The harder I tried to look the harder he tried to block and he told me to move on. I looked closer at him and he had Walmart security badges on and a hidden name tag. I was telling another gentleman about what happened he asked if the man had touched me physically. I said, No, Why? He said he would have been fired. Walmart employees are not allowed to physically touch a customer or they are fired. Wished I had known that when the event happened.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
My fathers old landlord, who which lived behind us accused my brother and I for stealing. She said we broke into her house and stole tomoatoes out of her refrigerator. And stole cloths off her cloth line and a heater out of her garage. Found out she had the early stages of Alzheimer.

Then year later she wrecked her truck and her kids took it from her. She came over to our house telling us someone stole it, because she forgot she was in an accident with it. So yes, I have.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i remember browsing at some store, Target maybe? and some black kids in the same section as me. the teenage girl says all loud (in my direction) "you dont have to keep following us, we're not going to steal anything!" :D

i guess she thought i was from loss prevention or something. :shrug: i was just there trying to mind my own business and steal some cds :dancenana:

Adower

Established Member
A lady at raleys accused me of steal some food I already bought. I went through the self checkout and apparently she thought I just picked up the food and tried to walk out. I told her I paid for it. The lady started to get loud with me saying I was stealing. I told her look in the garbage and you will see my receipt. Im not trying to steal ****ing 5$ worth of chicken strips. I was so pissed off that I was screaming at the top of my lungs. She turned around and I walked out.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I set the door beepers off one night and came to find out I had stepped on a sheet of price tags and the were stuck to the bottom of one of my boots:rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread