anyone ever heard of a Ford Pantera

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
that sounds about right i wasnt sure but i got to ride in one and dyum it put your eyes in the back of ur head if u can get the wheels to stick on the ground.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
yeh the one my dad worked on had the whindsor in it and it has alot of Ford stuff in it like the drive train on it and engine is all ford. the pantera was a "joint venture" between the two companies like that of mercury and mercedes in the 80's they came out with the Merkur.
If it had a WINDSOR it wasn't factory. The merkur wasn't a joint venture between ford and mercedes, it was a german division of ford. I own one. The Pantera had a 351 cleveland in it, the windsor is also 351 c.i. It would have been the same but because of lack of cooling it had to be de-tuned with less compression and a milder camshaft.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Really neat little cars, I have wayyyy too much money tied up into mine, but it should be around 375-380rwhp. Just moved on to different things though.

98Cobretti

Established Member
Here is a few shot from one that was at Knott's this year, 19" wheels with 345's in the rear!
pantera1.jpg

pantera2.jpg

pantera3.jpg

pantera4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread