Anyone experience a loose bolt on the front quarter panel?

chilenny

Established Member
I am looking into buying a 2007 GT500 but I noticed one thing. There was a loose bolt on the drivers side quarter panel when I lifted he Hood. I didn't notice any socket marks on the painted bolt. I couldn't find over spray or paint mismatch. Anyone experience the same issue?

Also found a receipt for replaced windshield. Do all windshield's have the galloping horse imprinted?

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Yes if it is a ford windshield it has the horse. the aftermarket replacements do not.

As far as the bolt I have never seen a loose bolt in all the 197 I have seen and I have seen alot.

chilenny

Established Member
The bolt was sticking half way up and not tightened down. Maybe they repaired the quarter panel of the car, if so the white perfectly matches.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Was there paint under it. keep in mind the car is basically together when it gets painted so if you loosen or remove a bolt it has a primer ring under the head or washer.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I wouldn't worry too much about it.

If it's an '07 I'd be more interested in if the clutch TBS had been performed.

Last edited:

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Its possible the car was outside and a tree limb fell on it. Broke the windshield and messed up the fender. It is cheeper to get a new fender paint it then install on the car. hat would be my guess. since it had paint under the bolt and a new windshield.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Was there a hood strut kit installed at some point? Ie. Steeda

chuckstang

Established Member
which bolt?

great thinking jake

IMO- I know when I got mine, I loosened my bolts to try and better align my front quarter panels as from the factory, the fit was pretty terrible

unfortunatley people will always wonder when these bolts are played with as they mar the paint and are easy to detect

chilenny

Established Member
It was the one of the middle bolts drivers side but more towards front. I will take pic tomorrow and post. But if the bodywork guy notices its been hit, I will not purchase the car.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It was the one of the middle bolts drivers side but more towards front. I will take pic tomorrow and post. But if the bodywork guy notices its been hit, I will not purchase the car.

If it was just the front fender (vs rear quarter panel...that I would walk on) and nothing else was replaced (suspension etc) I wouldn't sweat it as they appear to have done a great job. What does carfax say?

I would not purchase it unless the TSB is done for free for you - get that in writing from the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread