Anyone explain running Turbo with the Eaton?

HellrasierCobra

Established Member
am I reading that dyno graph right? over 600 ft lbs at about 3600 RPM? What is the rest of your engine combo consist of? Are you running an auto or a T56? Post some vids...LOL!

Iam running the T-56 and the motor Is all Billet with Custom Ported Heads with the Biggest Valves you can put in it with retainers and Comp Cams. This is with the Blower on 10psi and the Turbos on the wastegate springs which is 9psi I havent even turned up the boost yet but Tim @ MPH says the car will make 850rwhp with no boost change and some timming in it!

shhak

Established Member
Iam running the T-56 and the motor Is all Billet with Custom Ported Heads with the Biggest Valves you can put in it with retainers and Comp Cams. This is with the Blower on 10psi and the Turbos on the wastegate springs which is 9psi I havent even turned up the boost yet but Tim @ MPH says the car will make 850rwhp with no boost change and some timming in it!

Oh, I just realized you're StrokerCobra on Modfords, right? What do you think the car will make with more boost?

Janstang

Established Member
E85 is 105 octane at the pump everywhere I look for about $2 plus change a gallon!

The set-up is not just about making more boost! It's about haveing a wicked low rpm powerband that pulls your face off all the way to redline!
Not gonna argue with you, cause some get it and some don't, some like it some don't! To each their own, and for the record, I would not do this for a race only set-up. I would do it to have one of the baddest streetcars around!

Ken
Just curious how you are going to get this wicked low rpm powerband to hook up. I run a single T88 with slicks on the street and have trouble hooking, even down low. Can't imagine trying to get what you are suggesting to hook.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Just curious how you are going to get this wicked low rpm powerband to hook up. I run a single T88 with slicks on the street and have trouble hooking, even down low. Can't imagine trying to get what you are suggesting to hook.

I would rather have to pedal my right foot to try and hook verses put it to the floor and wait for something to happen! Besides 450-500 lbs/ft of torque at 2500-3000 rpms isn't to hard to hook with a good drag radial!
A twinscrew only, pullied for 21 psi will be harder to hook, than this set-up with the SC pullied for 12psi and running an overall total of 26psi!

Besides you can swap the pulley to adjust the low end, and if you run the boost referrence lines correctly for the wastegates on the turbos, you can still maintain the overall total boost on the top end!

Ken

shhak

Established Member

You mean 1320' smoke shows that result in 150+mph trap speeds aren't cool:poke:

novi2000

Established Member

I had the Hellrasier kit with a stage 5 ported Eaton and the car ran 10.91 at 141 leaving off idle and granny shifting inorder to save the halfshafts on nitto 17 inch 315 drag radials. I am changing a few things around so we will see how the new setup works.

TRBO VNM

I had the Hellrasier kit with a stage 5 ported Eaton and the car ran 10.91 at 141 leaving off idle and granny shifting inorder to save the halfshafts on nitto 17 inch 315 drag radials. I am changing a few things around so we will see how the new setup works.

oh, just a minor change...
:lol:

Janstang

Established Member
Tracks not an issue, I'm talking about on the street..

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
didnt MM&FF do a test on this? with the terminator? compound setup vs. turbo only? the turbo only made like 801 rwhp and the compound only made like 600, the supercharger made like 21-25 pounds of boost, i cant remember it all i read about it, it was pretty suprising how much better the turbo only setup did.

novi2000

Established Member
My car made 982 rwhp at 27.5 PSI with the Turbos putting out about 11psi and the stock blower pulley. The Compound Boost setup will make some serious power. We ran out of injector so we could not turn up the boost any more.

Moparkidd

Established Member
on the test im talking about they said the compound setup had great low end but after i think it was 3600 rpm the turbo only passed the compound setup.

shhak

Established Member
on the test im talking about they said the compound setup had great low end but after i think it was 3600 rpm the turbo only passed the compound setup.

I think they were using either 57's or 61's. I think it's a little different story when you add the 76's into the mix. I know the article you're talking about cause that's what had me leaning away from a setup like this. But after asking ALOT of people about it and spending LOTS of hours reading up on it, I think a compound setup will be more fun as far as a street car. If you were building an all out drag car, the turbos alone would probably be best.

Moparkidd

Established Member
I think they were using either 57's or 61's. I think it's a little different story when you add the 76's into the mix. I know the article you're talking about cause that's what had me leaning away from a setup like this. But after asking ALOT of people about it and spending LOTS of hours reading up on it, I think a compound setup will be more fun as far as a street car. If you were building an all out drag car, the turbos alone would probably be best.

but even with a street car with 76's and that kinda of torque thats gonna be crazy gettin out of the hole and not ROASTING the tires?

TRBO VNM

I know the article. you can make the same power or more with the compound setup, but it will take more boost. at the same boost level, yes, the turbo only will make more PEAK power, but you have a wider range of power with the compound setup. and because of the compound setup, you can make a lot of power, but like I have said before, the motor better be built to handle the boost of a compound setup.

the first article by the magazine was about the hellraiser from hellion, the second article referenced above was with the HP kit. both articles were from different writers. use your imagination.

Moparkidd

Established Member
Shannon, I did some looking around figuring and reading over that article again a few times at work last night, you said with 76 mm turbos it works alot better. they used 57mm turbos, they also stated that the reason the turbo only setup made more horsepower is because of the N/A cobra intake they used had much longer runners on it over the stock eaton runners, also you can change your power curve from the low end by adding more boost from the blower, to the high end by adding more boost from the turbos (which i think is SICK). So if your considering this for your car, id go balls to the wall and do it man. although they didnt do as good on the compound, i think if they really wanted to, they coulda went much much more with it.

Users who are viewing this thread