Anyone explain running Turbo with the Eaton?

shhak

Established Member
Shannon, I did some looking around figuring and reading over that article again a few times at work last night, you said with 76 mm turbos it works alot better. they used 57mm turbos, they also stated that the reason the turbo only setup made more horsepower is because of the N/A cobra intake they used had much longer runners on it over the stock eaton runners, also you can change your power curve from the low end by adding more boost from the blower, to the high end by adding more boost from the turbos (which i think is SICK). So if your considering this for your car, id go balls to the wall and do it man. although they didnt do as good on the compound, i think if they really wanted to, they coulda went much much more with it.

Yeah, I dug up the article again last night too. I'm talking to John at Modular Performance right now about a short block. I told him the short block has to be able to handle 30+psi. Just got the doctors OK to go back to work soon, so my project should start making a little progress:rockon: Now, if I could only get Jason to get me a hell of a deal on that Hellion kit...:poke:

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
Yeah, I dug up the article again last night too. I'm talking to John at Modular Performance right now about a short block. I told him the short block has to be able to handle 30+psi. Just got the doctors OK to go back to work soon, so my project should start making a little progress:rockon: Now, if I could only get Jason to get me a hell of a deal on that Hellion kit...:poke:

you gonna go with a single? heck i would just keep your old setup and throw in a mammoth 2.6 or somethin :beer: im so makin a trip up to check that motor out

shhak

Established Member
you gonna go with a single? heck i would just keep your old setup and throw in a mammoth 2.6 or somethin :beer: im so makin a trip up to check that motor out

No, not a single. I'm going to go with the Hellion Hellraiser setup. Probably delete the turbos from the kit and go with some 76GTS turbos (still not 100% sure on the turbo's yet, but they will be 76's) I talked to HP about their new kit, but I think I'd like the stainless steel setup from Hellion alot better. When I get it put together, you're more than welcome to come and take a ride.:beer:

Moparkidd

Established Member
No, not a single. I'm going to go with the Hellion Hellraiser setup. Probably delete the turbos from the kit and go with some 76GTS turbos (still not 100% sure on the turbo's yet, but they will be 76's) I talked to HP about their new kit, but I think I'd like the stainless steel setup from Hellion alot better. When I get it put together, you're more than welcome to come and take a ride.:beer:

sweet man. you'll have to keep me updated on it all. i cant wait, how much power are you looking for again this time?

novi2000

Established Member

I would check with Tim at MPH he has two 1000+rwhp cars and proline race engines does his motors so you won't be playing trail and error with the motor! The tune will be right as well, trust me I had another shop try and tune my car for me and the car ran like CRAP!!! It takes a good tunner to get the part throttle drivability correct wit this kit.

shhak

Established Member
sweet man. you'll have to keep me updated on it all. i cant wait, how much power are you looking for again this time?

Well, I was hoping to make 1200-1400rwhp this time. But all I'm really after is to run some 8.50's. If we can do that, I'll be happy. If not, we'll have to try something different next time...LOL!

shhak

Established Member
I would check with Tim at MPH he has two 1000+rwhp cars and proline race engines does his motors so you won't be playing trail and error with the motor! The tune will be right as well, trust me I had another shop try and tune my car for me and the car ran like CRAP!!! It takes a good tunner to get the part throttle drivability correct wit this kit.

The car is definitely going to Tim for the tune and probably the install. My brothers mystichrome hellion car is down there now getting a new motor installed and tuned. They had an injector screw up and burnt up a piston, but they've got it ordered and should be together before long.

Moparkidd

Established Member
The car is definitely going to Tim for the tune and probably the install. My brothers mystichrome hellion car is down there now getting a new motor installed and tuned. They had an injector screw up and burnt up a piston, but they've got it ordered and should be together before long.

dang not the hellion car!!!!

shhak

Established Member
dang not the hellion car!!!!

Yeah, we bought a new VT302 shortblock to put in it. MPH put it all together and started tuning it. While tuning it, they discovered why the last motor blew up. The #6 injector was spitting just enough fuel to run lean enough to burn up a piston. Now MPH had to order a piston from CP and they say it'll be 3-4 weeks for another piston. Once that's in, they'll stick it all back together and start tuning it again. I think it made about 550rwhp on 7 cylinders at 10# or so thru the automatic. Should make a little over 600 or so on about 15#. That's my brothers car, so I'm not exactly sure what he's got planned for it.

Moparkidd

Established Member
Yeah, we bought a new VT302 shortblock to put in it. MPH put it all together and started tuning it. While tuning it, they discovered why the last motor blew up. The #6 injector was spitting just enough fuel to run lean enough to burn up a piston. Now MPH had to order a piston from CP and they say it'll be 3-4 weeks for another piston. Once that's in, they'll stick it all back together and start tuning it again. I think it made about 550rwhp on 7 cylinders at 10# or so thru the automatic. Should make a little over 600 or so on about 15#. That's my brothers car, so I'm not exactly sure what he's got planned for it.

sounds like a really good setup other than #6 injector effin it up for him. i cant wait to finish my shop so i can start a project or 2. you say your starting to get overtime at work now? must be nice they just cut out ALL overtime and i went from 6 days a week to 4 days a week. chicken business sucks hard right now.

Users who are viewing this thread