Anyone financially savvy?

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Don’t know if it was mentioned but you could try go fund me for medical bills. I know a lot don’t like it but for us it worked when daughter in law got cancer and had no income at all. Just a thought.

blownstang4.6

Established Member
I had an emergency fund in place. That went to the procedures that the insurance wouldn’t cover which was a little over $10k

You need to apply everywhere if you're in this bad of a situation. You can start somewhere and keep looking. $10k is a very poor emergency fund. Minimum 6 months pay is what is recommended.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
You need to apply everywhere if you're in this bad of a situation. You can start somewhere and keep looking. $10k is a very poor emergency fund. Minimum 6 months pay is what is recommended.

I dont know... How many people on this site do you TRULY think have 6 months of pay just sitting in an account?

I know thats what a lot of people " say " to do... but I don't know a lot of people that actually have that.

JpL4K3

Established Member
You have 12k in medical debt, and 1,2000 in CC debt. You’re not in as bad as shape as you feel once you find work. Once work starts the CC debt will vanish quickly. The medical debt I would attempt to negotiate a settlement, even still it shouldn’t take more then a year to pay off. Best of luck.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
In and around the glorious Kingdom of Edmond

I remember six months ago, went to Cushing Oklahoma for 2 weeks. Holy.. ****ing... back woods.. incest... racist.. whoa

Walked into a shit hole bar.. because what else are you going to do on a Tuesday in Cushing when you're training for 2 weeks?

Step foot in... White guy walks up to me .. " HEY MAN!!!! YOU BELONG HERE!!! WE JUST THREW A " insert very bad word for african american" OUTTA HERE. YOU LOOK LIKE OUR TYPE OF GUY"

yup it was all down hill from there..

Oklahoma City twin peaks though.. oh baybay

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Nice, I live in piedmont. What scope of work? Sorry to clutter thread!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

No problem! Title examiner/landman

I remember six months ago, went to Cushing Oklahoma for 2 weeks. Holy.. ****ing... back woods.. incest... racist.. whoa

Walked into a shit hole bar.. because what else are you going to do on a Tuesday in Cushing when you're training for 2 weeks?

Step foot in... White guy walks up to me .. " HEY MAN!!!! YOU BELONG HERE!!! WE JUST THREW A " insert very bad word for african american" OUTTA HERE. YOU LOOK LIKE OUR TYPE OF GUY"

yup it was all down hill from there..

You can find actual bars like that in OKC proper :\

Oklahoma City twin peaks though.. oh baybay
Yes its the new modern day hooters :D

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
How old are you? Have you considered enlisting in the military? Sure the pay is rough for the first few years but it will pay your bills and then some.

jdcobra

Established Member
How old are you? Have you considered enlisting in the military? Sure the pay is rough for the first few years but it will pay your bills and then some.

28. I tried to enlist 10 years ago when I turned 18 but they wouldn’t take me because I have asthma.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
As long as you are making any effort to pay off the hospital bills they should not come after you. $5, $10, $50 a month...as long as you pay something you should be ok, especially if they understand your situation...and they should since they know how much insurance didn’t cover. At least that’s how it was for me...but that was a LONG time ago.

$1200 in CC debt is not bad at all by today’s standards. Of course $0 is better...and once you get it there keep it there.

As soon as you are working again, ramp up the hospital bill payoff and try to get your reserve fund built back up ASAP. Sounds like you’ll be fine as long as you’re working again. Good luck.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I dont know... How many people on this site do you TRULY think have 6 months of pay just sitting in an account?

I know thats what a lot of people " say " to do... but I don't know a lot of people that actually have that.

I think 6 months is a little extreme. Ours has grown to a little over that but that is also where the money for my foxbody Saleen is coming from whenever I find the right one...

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Kiss your shit goodbye. I was literally just looking at this but would prefer either a cobra or a straight LX

1990 Saleen Mustang Impressor Stage II

Good looking car, but i'm looking for a white one. After many foxes I have to be very specific about finding exactly what i'm looking for. I would also settle for a nice clean, unmolested coupe, but they're just as hard to come by.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
david ramsey is a joke if you are broke and no spendable cash.

as far as the year unemployed as long as it was a lay off and you didn't get fired you will be ok just tell them that. did you file for unemployment? didn't have a chance to sign up for COBRA ?
That is incorrect.

Dave Ramsey, was bringing in $250,000 a year in the mid eighties when loans shifted. He was a millionaire on paper one day and completely broke and no job the next.

Like the OP, no money no job no credit. Dave has a young wife and family to feed as well.

He asked himself how he got into this position? He realized he was there because he borrowed money.
I’m sure the OP would say things would be a lot different in his life if he did not have the cc bills or car note.

First thing take care of living expenses.
Next take care of your health.
Find a job. Apply to 50 a day knock on doors meet new people.
Pay car note.
Then $1k Emergancy savings.
Then cc if you have any left.

Users who are viewing this thread